jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Which hosting company do you prefer and what hosting plan do you use for your si

1. shai77 profile image85
    shai77posted 4 years ago

Which hosting company do you prefer and what hosting plan do you use for your sites?

2. BusinessAdvisorUK profile image69
    BusinessAdvisorUKposted 4 years ago

A a simple question that requires a particularly unsimple answer.  there are of course some hosting plans that are extremely cheap,  places like Hostgator and Godaddy offer US based shared hosting for literally pennies.

However, it is my experience that there is no such thing as cheap hosting,  those type of shared accounts are probably fine if you want to throw up an affiliate site or 2 and hope for the best.

I have a business I actually care about, therefore now stay well away from those accounts (I have used them in the past).  Personally I am in the UK and use a company called Enterprising Internet (.com) who offer hosting accounts from pennies that match the features of the bigger hosts but with personal service, excellent backup and security facilities and best of all the company is run by Internet marketers and they are always willing to discuss tactics and offer advice.  All for the same sort of cost and hosted on a range of servers with load balancing etc etc. 

Hosting plans are wide and varied but we personally use a Linux based plan just for ease of use and the ability to 'plug in' so many technologies and CPanel to control the features.  Really it would depend on your needs, some people have a single shared hosting account with tons of sites hosted in that one place, while we prefer to have several shared hosting accounts in addition to ur dedicated server for the main business.   Others use reseller accounts, however this is really no different than having multiple sites in one account.

Basically if you have particular needs you should look at something a bit more bespoke, however if you are throwing together some wordpress and affiliate sites then just about any basic linux package would do.  If you want to use Enterprising internet you should let them know when contacting them that you were referred by Jack Pride, they work on a referral basis and are usually cheaper than the large hosts for similar but better packages.  - to contact them it is hosting @ enterprisinginternet.com.

shai77posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks BusinessAdvisorUK :-)
      Basically i use the hostgator baby  plan(shared) for all of my sites, but i really would like to know what other people use for their sites, and why.
      Thank you so much for your answer :-)

3. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 4 years ago

I use Hostway.com and they changed names a couple times and used to be prowebsite in the past. I just use them because I've been with the company for many years. It costs $150/ year. I have heard of HostGator.com which I would tend to use if starting a new website using WordPress and I believe that's about $10 a month or $120 year. I think it is important to check to see what features the company offers and choose accordingly.

Hope that helps.

shai77posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi easylearningweb :-)
      Never heard of Hostway, but i hope you are satisfied with them.
      I really like the support Hostgator have, and their pricing is OK as well.
      These are the main reasons i work with them.
      Thanks for your nice comment !

working