What is the definition of Success?

1. cyoung35 profile image86
    cyoung35posted 4 years ago

What is the definition of Success?

What do you feel is the true definition of success? We all look at it in different ways. Some say money makes you successful. Some say being happy at what you do. Tell me what you think.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8872388_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Really today with my age factor (59) and other stuff just being better than before is success to me. For instance I am known for lengthy hubs. If I can keep them in that golden area for length I feel I am successful. If I do not forget to water the garden timely (I only have to water once a month) then I am successful. If I can keep my food budget less than the budget I am successful.

Overall if I am able to accomplish any goal I set for myself, even though not all the objectives are accomplished, then I feel I am successful and do reward myself someway and somehow.

Happiness is a different subject. I am researching that this month with an open mind between contrasting ideas. For now it is reading the World Book of Happiness by Leo Bormans, The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris, and then head to library and internet. I will have a better idea after that smile

3. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

Every individual, young or old, man or woman, literate or illiterate set their own targets and put all their efforts in one direction to have  multiplier effect. Now just look at me. I retired as Chief executive of a Bank and people used to tell me that it very difficult to pass time post retirement. I started blogging at the age of 58 and now I am connected to millions of fans world over through my knowledge sharing articles at ISC, HP and WQAINDIA. I feel successful in my mission and it gives me immense satisfaction. Now i am midway on my ladder to success. But one thing I will like to emphasize that success can be achieved by free and fearless minds. Whatever you do, do it by heart and success will dance before you.

working