jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What do you think is the best definition of success?

1. Sunny Robinson profile image69
    Sunny Robinsonposted 7 years ago

What do you think is the best definition of success?

Is it a corporate success? Is it a personal success?  Is there a quote you really like that really defines success the best to you? 

This question is subjective, so answer according to what you think is the best definition of success.  The difference in this question isn't your definition of success, but rather what has appealed to you as far as meanings of success goes.

2. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

I like that wheel it seems to define the elements of success fairly well, all which lead to a peaceful feeling inside. Yeah that's the goal of success I think.

3. Taleb80 profile image83
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

When you get every thing in balance.

You don't do sins to get more in this life.
    you are not busy to worship God for business.
    You don't harm your family for your work or oposite.
    You take care of your health & not just work like a machine.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." ~ Winston Churchill

1. manatita44 profile image82
      manatita44posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is a nice comment but seen from a higher standpoint, one does not need to fail. To the saint failure is simply an experience that God is having in and through him, and he is quite content.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

Sucess is not calculable in terms of Physical Quantums ... nor is it a Graphically Depictable Entity.

Humans ... we should never forget ... Have been Created, with a Purpose ... and The Purpose, of our Being, is being Human ... not, Animals.

Because, Everyone, Created by the Creator, Hath been Created with a Distinct Purpose, in The Scheme of Creation ...

If ... we, Granted the Free Will, to decide, Decide to Follow The Ordained ... we are fulfilling, The Purpose of our Human  Existence ...

What is Success ... Is is not Fulfilment ?

Useful answer.

5. revmjm profile image85
    revmjmposted 7 years ago

I believe true success is being comfortable with what you are and where you are. The true measure of success comes with having peace of mind. Everyone with money is not successful. Success is having a balance in every area of one's life.

wonderful answer.

6. Alhamora profile image62
    Alhamoraposted 7 years ago

Success is getting something or some result that you not only wanted but also worked hard for.

7. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

For me the best definition of success is progress. Today I am good, tomorrow I am better, and the day after I would have completed yet another mile. That is the nature of the spiritual life. Only progress. We speak of success generally in a material way. We try to achieve something, whether its to have a nice car or to score with a beautiful woman, to have a million dollars and so forth. The sense of achievement brings with it a kind of pleasure.
    However, in a spiritual sense, both success and failure are imposters. Life is an ever-transcending game and its goal is progress not success. I do not aim to beat you in a race, but I surely need you to bring out the best in me. Such are life's secrets.
    "Victory means temporary peace, but peace is eternity's victory." -Sri Chinmoy