jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

SEO recommendations please... (for a newbie)

1. Melinda Longoria profile image79
    Melinda Longoriaposted 3 years ago

SEO recommendations please... (for a newbie)

I started a new blog a few days ago for an ebook that I am co-writing. We are receiving about 32 hourly views, but nearly all of those hits are from Facebook and some from Twitter.

My question is this, I am completely new to SEO, do you have any recommendations?

Can you direct me to a Hubpage on this subject for beginners? I plan to do a lot of reading and teach myself the ropes of SEO.

My goal is for my blog to start showing up in google results, improve ranking, and increase traffic. I also am having some problems submitting my sitemap to google webmaster, but that may be another issue.

2. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

Melinda, go into Traffic Travis: http://www.traffictravis.com/ and sign up for a free account. The site not only tracks your traffic but shows its Alexa ranking, how many backlinks are on the site, what keywords are directing people to the site, what web addresses are accessing, etc. You can also sign up for their newsletter, which is delivered to your inbox and full of SEO tips. You might also want to search for SEO free webinars. There's a wealth of information out there. Then, of course there's always Google - the monitoring god of the SEO world.

1. Melinda Longoria profile image79
      Melinda Longoriaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I will chex that website out right now. I really appreciate your input. Your hub on "What You Need to do to Boost Your Freelance Career" was really what got me to thinking that I could get started with my own blog. ;-) Glad that I read it.

2. bravewarrior profile image92
      bravewarriorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Melinda, you don't know how happy you just made me. I'm glad that hub inspired you!

3. luxcat profile image82
    luxcatposted 3 years ago

Hi Melinda

I'll be honest, I'm relatively new to SEO too (well a couple of years bloggin and finding this stuff out piecemeal) but my modus operandi for SEO seems to boil down to this:

Facebook (create a dedicated page for your blog/ebook)
    Add to Stumbleupon
    Add to Digg
    Add to Delicious
    Post on Google +
    Add Pins if possible to Pinterest
    Add images if possible to Instagram with relevant #
    Comment in any online forums or sites like Yahoo Answers with relevant (not spammy) response that includes a link. Be careful with this and make sure it's pertinent and helpful to original question.

Stumbleupon is always great for generating traffic.

Hope that helps!

4. SEOSMOPPC profile image60
    SEOSMOPPCposted 3 years ago

Merely visits will not help in rankings much. The people shall feel encouraged to interact with you on the blog and shall ask you their questions. In turn, you shall reply. This way you would be providing the solution. That is the only way, as per my experience, which will help you rank higher on Google. Even a single post out of hundreds can do this magic!!