jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is commenting on other blogs still a relevant technique for link building?

1. sanded28 profile image61
    sanded28posted 3 years ago

Is commenting on other blogs still a relevant technique for link building?

After the recent Google algorithm changes, is blog commenting still relevant for link building and SEO. If yes, what specific tips should I follow in order to get the most out of it?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8924846_f260.jpg

2. markmorgangenius profile image90
    markmorgangeniusposted 3 years ago

It all depends on what blogs you are commenting on. Firstly you need to see if the links in the blogs comments are do follow or not(for determining this you can download SEO quake toolbar which is available as a free extension for various browsers). Secondly you need to see the PR of the page(obviously more the PR the stronger is the backlink). Thirdly keep variation in the anchor text while making comments on blogs because google assesses these anchor text keywords for ranking(keep anchor text related to the topic of your page). Lastly do not spam as this will lead you getting a penalty by the blog owners.

After you have made the comments and put links then you can check them at www.backlinkwatch.com to see if everything is working well. I hope that above information helped you.

1. sanded28 profile image61
      sanded28posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You speak about keeping variation in anchor text. Could you please elaborate how's that possible when most blogs only allow the use of the name of the person making the comment.

2. markmorgangenius profile image90
      markmorgangeniusposted 3 years agoin reply to this

@sanded28 I mean about links in the comments. There will be many blogs that won't allow any links in comments, some allow no follow & some allow dofollow links. You also get backlink to your profile via your name & then link to your site via

working