jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you leave comments on blogs and websites with your hub links to promote?

1. PMS9 profile image75
    PMS9posted 7 years ago

Do you leave comments on blogs and websites with your hub links to promote?

Is it violating any terms of Hubpages or Adsense.?
    Is commenting on blog is part of back linking?

2. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

I did for a short while, sometimes it's a good idea to do that.  But I haven't done that in a long time now. Good question.

3. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 7 years ago

Its part of backlinking. But make sure that you leave relevant links only.
    Best Regards

4. Smaridge01 profile image78
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

I have three blogs that I have been publishing for over three years now, all with PR4, and I used to get so much bullsh** spam comments that I closed comments on all three of them. 

So if you are contemplating this idea, please consider carefully before proceeding. As SunSeven says, you should only leave RELEVANT comments, and you should only put your link in there if it links to RELEVANT content.

Otherwise, you are just adding to the noise that makes the internet less than it could be otherwise.

5. dgicre profile image81
    dgicreposted 7 years ago

Links are fine if you use them as you would a signature on a forum. I always comment to the topic at hand, than leave my link in a signature. SunSeven is absolutely correct, links left on sites that have nothing in common with your website or hub can actually hurt your SEO ranking.

6. nthdimension profile image59
    nthdimensionposted 7 years ago

Leaving comments on blogs and websites with hub links is a very bad idea. Especially with hubpages, but even promoting any website in general it's not a good idea. I have tried a few methods of getting backlinks and blog comments are not a good source of backlinks because they are prone to disappearing. Spam links tend to appear for a short time and disappear, so Google uses that as a signature to detect spam websites. Blog comments also have this same, problem. So you don't want to leave too many links that are prone to disappearing. There is the possibility your hub will be penalised in the long term. Anyway, most blogs these days have nofollowed comments. So the advantages are heavily outweighed by the disadvantages.

7. Madurai profile image58
    Maduraiposted 7 years ago

Yes.. you can see the rating here itself, what will happen if you promote your website...

8. Glemoh101 profile image50
    Glemoh101posted 7 years ago

yes commenting in other blogs is my favorite way to backlinking my hubs but you have to diverse your backlinks between blogs, forums and .edu sites

9. CarolineChicago profile image82
    CarolineChicagoposted 7 years ago

I would be very careful to only link with very relevant links. And how you phrase it is important too. A poorly worded link will look like you are popping in just to promote your hub or website. Blog owners and other readers don't like that and will look at it as spam. You need to be clear that you have read the blog, give some feedback and then say something like, "you know, you can find some great information on this topic at xxxx". Just be careful. You can easily do more harm to your promotion than good.

10. smcopywrite profile image26
    smcopywriteposted 6 years ago

commenting has an etiquette that should be followed. if you are leaving valid and informative information and you have a link that is relevant, its okay.

leaving a link in your signature is okay if the owner of the site or blog says its okay. go with the idea that if they dont request you dont, go ahead and leave the signature link.

"popping in" to say great article....here is my link and nothing else- is not okay.

moderating comments is a great idea and i wouldnt run any of my blogs without moderation. not only can you delete the spam that you receive you can also make certain no comments are offensive or abusive.

i believe that comments are important for your community to interact with your blog or hub and it does allow you to improve your content.

follow your blog etiquette and your instincts. if you are not sure about it, dont do it.