jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the most stressful job in the world?

1. Secretabundance profile image70
    Secretabundanceposted 3 years ago

What is the most stressful job in the world?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

I would say that it cannot be positively identified because what is very stressful to one person might be regarded as an exciting challenge to another.   Some people excell and relish those sorts of jobs that keep them constantly on their toes - providing it doesn't go on for too long, others do not.   Let me give you a few examples:

Working at a service counter when people are three and four deep crowding for your attention and you can only deal with one at a time; when things are going wrong; the telephone keeps ringing and you know that it's your duty to deal with each and every one of those persons and callers.  This can be very stressful.   Yet some people just get on with it.

Years ago I used to be an aeradio operator at a very busy airport,   They used to call the position at aerground 'the hot seat.'   I loved it.  But after three hours we had to get off and take an easier job.  Stress and adrenlaline levels can only be sustained for so long.   

If you're a mother and you've got to cope with looking after a house full of babies and small children and you've still got to get the rest of your household duties done, the demands and stress can be very great.   But, as I said, it is a matter of temperament.  Some mothers breeze through this.  Others do not.

So it really isn't possible to say with any real accuracy what the most stressful of jobs is.

3. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I agree with Tusitala Tom that it's relative to each person, depending on their how they cope with stress and like their jobs. But if I had to pick the top jobs in which you are exposed to the most stress on a regular basis, i.e., cumulative stress, I would say:

Teacher (inner-city schools)
    Parent
    Police Officer (inner-city/large urban areas)
    Actor/Stand-up Comic
    Doctor in Residency (ER/on-call)

4. Katrina1981 profile image78
    Katrina1981posted 3 years ago

I'm going to shoot for the president's position!

5. listofstuffs profile image60
    listofstuffsposted 3 years ago

i would say, being idle is the most stressful job in the world...

6. Aletha Howard profile image60
    Aletha Howardposted 3 years ago

Parenting is the most stressful job .. there is no book to go by.. enjoy your day .. and may you be blessed.

working