jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Any advice on creating a website for the first time?

1. Torrs13 profile image94
    Torrs13posted 3 years ago

Any advice on creating a website for the first time?

I have found a domain name I would like to use and have heard good things about HostGator, but I want to get everyone's opinion about creating a successful first website.

2. profile image30
    eustacie123posted 3 years ago

Hi, Torrs13;

My name is Eustacie. Hope you're having a good day/night.

I thought I'd try to answer your question. Here I go.

You question can mean several things. It's not clear whether you'd like to create the website from scratch, and you'd like to know how to code it: using HTML, or WYSIWYG. I not, and you don't know HTML, (hypertext markup language), someone would have to build it for you, or you can buy a template on the web.

On the other hand, it seems you'd like to get a website to do business on the internet. On the website, you can sell physical products, or digital, like eBooks/software, deliverable by download.

The other template you can use is a blog. No coding, just set up and go.

Furthermore, when your website is set up, you'd have to promote it. and that's about 95% of the work. Countless eBooks have been written on the subject.

In my case, I set up my first website to sell an eBook I wrote. That eBook is still being sold.

I've got an eBook to help you out. Just let me know. It's free.

3. Valeant profile image97
    Valeantposted 3 years ago

- Don't skimp.
    - Make sure it's interactive. (comments, forum, social media)
    - Promote the living heck out of it.
    - Revenue Sources?

I'd also suggest becoming an LLC, so that way if things go bad, they can't come after your personal assets.

4. manmohansingh85 profile image60
    manmohansingh85posted 3 years ago

First of all you need to know what kind of website you want to make. Your services and products that you want to offer should be clears. There are some points that I want to share with you for a website

1.  Design your website in high quality
    2.  Create it in simple HTML
    3.  Make it for users. It means content worthy
    4.  SEO friendly URL structure
    5.   User friendly navigation
    6.   internal lining of the website to each other pages
    7.  Social media Button or profiles (  Facebook, Google Plus,  Twitter, Linkedin,  pin tersest)
    8  Should be W3c Validation
    9.  make a blog page  on the website
    10  Portfolio ( if have)

Hope these points help you lot while creating a first website.