jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

The Drastic Change Of Bubblews. Good or bad?

1. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

The Drastic Change Of Bubblews. Good or bad?

Bubblews has recently undertaken an extreme makeover. Are the changes good or bad?

2. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

So far, I am enjoying the changes. They have encouraged me to write a few more bubbles as I had pretty much stopped doing so. The most beneficial change is the ability to delete comments on our posts. Now we can put an end to those who try to pick fights, who leave meaningless comments, and spam the comment section. This is similar to HubPages and makes HP a better place to write.

The worst change is the lag time for payments. It has now increased from the original 3 day wait to "up to 30 days"! So, I wish they would improve that for sure.

There are still a couple of features they are working on and some bugs to iron out, but overall, I see the change as positive.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years ago

I'm finding it confusing to navigate.  I can't find my recent notifications, and the front page only has a few bubbles, as opposed to the many they used to have.  But I like the fact that I can type in someone's name in the search engine and easily find them.  Doing that in the previous site used to result in errors.

1. Austinstar profile image87
      Austinstarposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Recent notifications are on the 'bell' looking icon on the top right of the page. But they are not complete yet. They will be sortable in the future.
      I have noticed that a lot of bubbles are missing, but they say that will be corrected eventually.

4. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

The new look is a little drastic and I find it very similar to Twitter. Initially it was a little difficult to navigate but you get used to it in a few days. I saw the earnings go down quite a bit as some people didn't know how to like a post, not everyone looks for a yellow star smile
    Some of the notifications keep disappearing after a while. I guess the team is working on that, hope to see it fixed soon. Good thing is that they got rid of the dislike button. But the minimum 40 character limit on comments, which we thought would reduce spamming, isn't all that effective. Spammers are now using longer comments smile
    People are saying that the new look is very professional and sleek, I agree to it. But for me, Bubblews was more about fun while earning. I really miss all the colorful pages, the pink and blue bubbles smile

5. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 3 years ago

Haven't been there in a long, long time except to cash out accumulated earnings. I don't plan on returning for any other reason. Haven't been here for even longer smile

6. kalinin1158 profile image99
    kalinin1158posted 3 years ago

Wow, it looks totally different! And no controversial dislike button. The main reason for the upgrade was to fix the numerous bugs the previous version was riddled with, so I guess we'll see how it works out.

1. Link10103 profile image75
      Link10103posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I recommend saving to draft while writing articles if you do not use an external word program to write. I tried to write a short article in bubblews itself, didnt bother to save it and it got deleted after I received an error. Decent otherwise.

Closed to reply

working