jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you depend on external sources for motivation? If no - what do you do to moti

1. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Do you depend on external sources for motivation? If no - what do you do to motivate yourself?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i love challenging myself to learn and grow. as i get older things like politics, religion and the world have become very interesting to me. i find that if someone asks me a question and i can't answer it , i tend to want to not only find the answer but also to learn as much about the subject as possible.

3. abhijeet4800 profile image80
    abhijeet4800posted 7 years ago

The answer to this question lies in the fact what thing you want to feel motivated about?? For example, if its sports, your energy and stamina , should motivate you to excel. If you are a writer, a strong vocab sense and grammar can motivate you to write better....These are however the internal sources of motivation.

If we talk about external sources of motivation, then peer pressure, fear, competition etc can be taken into account.Appreciation and encouragement from others are also external sources of motivation...

If i have to say about myself, then i do depend on external sources of motivation like everyone else on earth.For me appreciation and encouragement work wonders.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I try to focus on why I want whatever I'm trying to motivate myself for, and continually re-evaluate goals to keep them aligned with what I really want for my life.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Get-Moti … y-That-Way

5. Bongani Sibeko profile image77
    Bongani Sibekoposted 3 years ago

Depending on outside factors for motivation is like waiting for people to approve you, to allow you to be yourself, it is saying I am not confident enough in myself so validate me. Thou it is perhaps nice to get that, it should never be the first place you seek motivation but it should always be a by-product of your inner inspiration.
    What inspires me is the vision for my life, having a clear sense of where you want to go actuates all the inner faculties, all the chambers of your soul, in other words it creates cohesion and collaboration between all your faculties to work towards one goal, one dream and one vision. This should be your inspiration primarily and then external motivation will only come after all this as a complimentary gesture and not the initiation mechanism.
    Be all blessed.

working