Could anyone give me advice on how to pursue a career in photography and/or jour

1. kalabenfield profile image59
    kalabenfieldposted 3 years ago

Could anyone give me advice on how to pursue a career in photography and/or journalism ?

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Are you familiar with photography? How much experience do you have in the field of journalism? As a photo-journalist myself, my advice to you is to get a camera, nothing fancy, and start shooting as much as possible. Read about the subject to learn more and just keep growing.

3. danicole profile image80
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

Depending on your grade level (high school or college). you should join clubs/trade organizations and develop your talents in writing and photography.
    Take classes on photography and journalism, read books on these subjects, try to a get a couple of internships in those industries.
    Get some internships (that way you can increase your understanding of these career paths, help you figure out if you really want to pursue this as a career, help you start and develop a physical/online portfolio, help you gain professional experience which is needed to get a job in that field). INTERNSHIPS ARE IMPORTANT!!!!!
    If you can double major in  both of these subjects (or major in one, minor in the other).
    Lastly take photos and write constantly (also look at photos and read articles constantly).

working