What steps would you take to pursue your dream career successfully?
I'm still working on mine.. in many ways. But I need to hit it up a notch.
I will work hard to achieve my goal.
I have already taken the steps but the economy fall apart and the people with the highest degrees can't find work.
That really sucks. It's so unfair that those educated are still left wondering.
85% of pursuing your Dream Career involves looking inside yourself and that's what I'm doing.
I've been stuck in a "cubicle career" that I basically fell into - it's a good job, but drains me.
It's awesome that you're pursuing your dream job!! Keep moving forward.
Here's what I'm doing & would recommend others to do:
1. Analyze yourself (skills, talent, experience, etc.) some basic questions to ask:
- What have you done that just seems natural?
- What makes the time fly by when you're doing it?
- Looking back on your life what are the repeated patterns?
- If money was no object what would you do with your life?
2. What steps does it take to do your dream job?
- More education?
- More training?
Can you transition slowly or do you need to jump right into your dream career?
A good book to read is Quitter - http://www.quitterbook.com/ - he talks about working towards his dream job while still working full-time doing something else.
3. Create a plan with goals to get you there!
- Don't wait till you're ready, start working towards your goal NOW!
- Move forward with incremental changes, set realistic ladder rung goals that take you towards your goal one step at a time.
4. Tape notes on your mirror, put them around your desk - "I am a successful..."
- Success experts constantly remind us that "We are what we think about most of the time" that's the power of the mind!
Keep Pressing on to Acheive your dreams - hope this helps!
Just work hard in what you need to do to become the person you want to be. Try take it one at a time and not be in such a rush to get it done.
by TKLMommy5 years ago
Have you achieved your dream career? Or are you working just to make ends meet?Many people graduate from high school with a career in mind that they want to achieve. Unfortunately, not everyone achieves it. They...
by Anjili5 years ago
What would you consider to be your dream career? In which occupation are you currently employed?
by Zaiden Jace4 years ago
What would be dream career?
by Rebecca Graf9 years ago
If you could choose your dream career what would it be? It doesn't have to be anything that you have to commit everything to. Just what would you do if money, time, or anything else was not an issue. ...
by deecoleworld2 years ago
What is your dream career? Why? What job are you doing now? Why?What is your dream career? Why? What job are you doing now? Why?
by Adam6 years ago
Have you ever quit your job to pursue a dream?Assuming your job isn't already your dream job, have you ever quit in order to concentrate on pursuing your dream? I let my job come first when it came to college, mostly...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.