jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How does a person use linkedin in an effective way to promote his or her busines

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

How does a person use linkedin in an effective way to promote his or her business or products?

I am on linkedin, but I find it a bit unfathomable.  It's supposed to be the world's largest professional website, but I have no inkling as to how to make that work well for our little online company. Has anyone here had productive experiences from linkedin, sold their product through linked in, or brought people to a website? I'm thinking it benefits people who don't work from home the most. (?)  It seems like something that COULD work. I have joined professional groups, but I just don't know how to get responses there.  Thanks everyone!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11905717_f260.jpg

2. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

I think of Linkedin more for a person than a business, or at least that's what I have been using it for. If using it for a person, it's a great way to advertise yourself and your services. What I have found helpful is if you join several groups related to your field, and after doing so, you can network with others in the groups, interact on forums and participate in discussion groups. The more you network, the better, and it opens the door to more job opportunities and social networking.

As far as working from home vs. working outside the field, I think that would depend on how you work your position or career experience. So for example, a Freelance Technical Writer sounds better than Work-At-Home Writer.

Good luck to you!

Hope that helps.

Billie Kelpinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much "elw".  Very helpful.  It's the interacting part I have trouble doing.  I'll try doing more.  I'm not sure how much advertising of services is allowed.

3. dhimanreena profile image75
    dhimanreenaposted 3 years ago

I hope below steps would help you in promoting your business on linkedin. 

1. Don't create a normal profile. But, a company profile
    2. Get recommendations
    3. Post or share informative contents
    4. Participate in Group activies

Billie Kelpinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ah, a company profile.  Hmmm.  I didn't realize that.  Thank you, D.  I want to promote our Halloween matching software, but I'm not quite sure how to share that as informative content over promotion.  I'm skittish about the promotion thing.  Thanks!

working