Has anyone here ever posted their HubPages Links on Linkedin?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Farawaytreeposted 8 years ago

If so, did you write post to go with it?

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I, post links to my hubs at times on Linkedin. When I do so, I copy the url and post a small sentence and link the url there.
      But, you can't post links to all of your hubs there as it is a professional site.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 8 years ago

I haven't posted hubs there, but I have linked to various blog posts. It works well if you have a lot of connections (every connection gets a notification about it).

1. profile image0
      Farawaytreeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, yeah I  don't but  I'm  trying to figure  out how to promote  myself. Thanks again!

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 8 years agoin reply to this

IME, promoting your content is a waste of time unless you know it's something worth promoting.

I write stacks of content (my record is 8 hubs in a day or 12 blog posts in a day) and then ignore it. Anything that does well organically, I go back and improve and promote.

Why waste hours promoting something that may not end up earning you more than a few dollars?

1. profile image0

I'll keep that in mind. I want to start my own site for blogging as well. Any suggestions? I hear WordPress is good...

Wordpress Hosted (NOT the free version) is fantastic. I have built about 30 sites with it. Think hard about your domain name before starting, though.

1. profile image0

Will do.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83

I have the free version there "Living Better' and presently posting two articles per week through blog events.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83

8 hubs in a day!!! What do you mean by it?

I wrote 8 hubs in a day. I'm fairly certain RyanKett beat that record as have a few other hubbers.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83

That's fantastic. I don't even imagine to do that. You are great!

3. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 8 years ago

I don't like sharing and linking.  It doesn't work and fills the internet with spam.

There is no way a creator can know whether what they have produced is 'worth' sharing.  That is for other people to judge.  It is how the internet is supposed to work.

People create accounts on every social media outlet.  They fill those accounts with pointless shares that no one has any interest in.

I like what Wry says and as usual it makes sense.

4. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 8 years ago

There's an awful lot of people on LinkedIn trying to treat it like Twitter and Facebook - and it's not.  As a result they are creating a lot of trash content.

Things to think about when posting on LinkedIn......

Think about WHY you are promoting on LinkedIn, WHO you are promoting to and the potential you have to alienate people who know you and WHETHER you have the scope to tailor your post to the audience who might be the natural readership - in a tightly defined way.

If you post from your profile you're only signalling to all the people who know you anyway. It's a  good way of boring them silly with the amount of promotion you do such that they start unfollowing you on other social media.

On the LinkedIn Group I moderate we tend to take a very dim view of people who post promotional links in the discussion section and we take a very tough line on moderation of people who promote links in the Discussion Section to promote themselves
    * Do this and your post will be deleted or moved.
    * Do it repeatedly and you will be removed from the group.
    We're not unique. There's a fair few other groups that adopt exactly the same approach to moderation.

On the LinkedIn groups which don't have tight moderation I can't think of a good reason why anybody would want to read them as there's a huge amount of trash and 'noise'.

If you post on LinkedIn make sure you
    * only promote content which is excellent quality and popular (as validated by other social media sites)
    * write a mini article to go with the link which stands up on its own account
    * if posting to a group - post in the promotion section of Groups - although I'm not sure anybody ever looks at this section!

My strong recommendation would be to have a long hard think (about five times) before you post anything to LinkedIn.

Well said. I post on a work Linkedin (where connections are very specifically targeted) but almost never on my personal Linkedin.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 8 years ago

LinkedIn anecdote.

I'm sat at work discussing (chatting) with a work colleague.  "Are you on LinkedIn?" they ask.

I think to myself.  What the hell does it matter?  You are talking to me - right here right now - and yet you would like to connect in a pointless fake social way on some internet site.

"No" I said.

I lied.  I set up a LinkedIn a few years back and immediately realised it was just another avenue for spammers to get to me.

Oh and MAM.  Please note I am deliriously happy today.  I am playing with creating my own adverts - putting pictures together with a headline.  I learn something new every week, sometimes daily.  One day soon I will get a visit from the internet and maybe they will look at a mug.

They might tell a friend.  "Friend" they will say, "I happened upon an internet mug seller today".

"Are they on LinkedIn?" the friend will respond.  "Sadly no" says the first friend who appears to be a bit shallow now I think about it.  I don't want them to have one of my mugs.

I see what you did there.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lol.  Yep I am very very good at this.  Part of a multi-platform media campaign blitz that is literally going to involve some posts on HubPages and maybe a Facebook share.

I am fairly sure I follow your page on Facebook. I never actually see your page on the Facebook feed though.

Just to shake things up, I'm going to go find one of your hubs to share on Twitter, right now.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
            Mark Ewbieposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I rarely post on Facebook now.  Just an occasional "does this work" query to those few people I consider friends on there.

Thanks for the Twitter offer.  What is left on my HP account is a fairly poor mixed bag of sub-standard content.  You should preserve your own good name!

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

I have a LinkedIn page but haven't logged into it for quite some time now. I think I may have pimped my HubPages there a time or two when I hit a particular milestone (for example, when I hit 50,000 or 75,000 page views, just to say "Yay me!") but otherwise, I haven't used it for HP promotion.

7. profile image0

Awesome feedback you ultra experienced hubbers you! I appreciate it smile

8. profile image0

And just on a side note, I don't plan to share on Facebook at all. For me, that's more family and friends stuff. I just got a Twitter account so I will be promoting there. There are some hubs I'd rather keep separate from family and extended family comments wink I'm very behind the times with Twitter (sigh)

Check out my guide on ways to promote on social media wink Tweepi is a good one if you plan to use Twitter a lot.

As for Facebook, Facebook pages and groups are good places to (relevantly) promote.

1. profile image0

I will smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)