jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How do YOU use social media to keep up and to occasionally, promote content?

1. amiebutchko profile image86
    amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago

How do YOU use social media to keep up and to occasionally, promote content?

Do you prefer twitter, facebook or do you build connections through linked-in?  When it comes to social media, what is your bag?

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Since I write arts and crafts how-to lessons, and vegan recipes, which are all eminently pinnable, Pinterest is my social media site of choice. It's my highest daily referrer right now. I also post the artsy stuff to my Facebook business page, since I'm an artist, and tweet most of the vegan stuff, since there's a small tribe of vegans following me on Twitter.

amiebutchkoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have just joined twitter, and really like it, but it took me a bit to get assimilated.  I do see the value though.  It really is important to promote on these.  I have not tackled Pinterest.  It is overwhelming to me!  I know I should just jump in!

3. Linda Pogue profile image63
    Linda Pogueposted 3 years ago

Primarily, I use Pinterest and Twitter. I have multiple boards on Pinterest that will cover almost any topic on which I write. I also have two different Twitter accounts, one for technical and general topics, and another for crafty topics such as sewing or painting.

I also ping every article when it is published, then again when changes are made to it. I like to use pingfarm.com, since it allows me to ping multiple pages at one time. I have no interest in the pingfarm site, I just have found it useful to be able to ping multiple sites at a time.

My HubPages profile page is linked to from my blogs, too.

Oh my gosh!  You are making me feel like a slacker.  I really need to get more involved!!!!  I am impressed.  I really need to get on Pinterest....

4. kevinfream profile image79
    kevinfreamposted 3 years ago

LinkedIn for blog and company updates, along with Pulse articles and group Q&A. Twitter is great for broadcasting content too and for real time updates when publishing your timeline on your website or other medium.

All great venues.  There really is so much you can do out there to market your content.  Great strategies.

5. denise.w.anderson profile image92
    denise.w.andersonposted 3 years ago

Each time I write an article or blog post, I post to the social websites. Pinterest is especially great for visually based content. I have found that when I put pictures with my blog that have sayings, I get more hits from Pinterest. I put the sayings on Twitter as posts, and add the link to the website. I have just recently started posting to Tumbler. It shows the links a little bit differently, though, and I am still learning what works best. I also post to Google Plus and Linked In, and have a Facebook author page. I did get a warning from Google Plus, though, that I was violating their content rules and I found out that it was from putting too many social website posts with the same link during a limited time period, so a person has to be careful that way.

Wow, Denise.  You know what you're doing.  I have to get better at all this.  Funny how it all fits into one big puzzle.  So  many pieces!

working