Which Pair of Shoes Are You Wearing? Do You Wear the Same Pair of Shoes in the O

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

Which Pair of Shoes Are You Wearing? Do You Wear the Same Pair of Shoes in the Office/Site/Lab

as you wear in your home? When you are out in a restaurant?...Do you transfer the power and authourity you have in your Profession into Your Personal Life? Do we do that? Should we do it? If we do it, is it a false right or claim? Should we legislate to keep power and authourity in the title on the job and not use it in our personal life and relationships? Does  a CEO/ Manager have a right to expect the same "obedience" in his/her relationship/s? A Police Officer that may need to use physical force on his/her job is also condoned in their family life? Does this transfer of power benefit us

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 20 months ago

For me right now I am bare foot at the computer.  But normally I wear sneakers because I walk a lot.  At my job I wear steel toes because I work in a factory.  If I just go to a diner or McDonalds I usually wear my sneakers but when we go to a dinner for an American Legion function, I wear nicer shoes.  I like to wear dress up once in a while.  Now for the rest of the questions we are told at work if we have family problems not to bring it to work with us.  I do that and I do my best not to bring my work home with me, except maybe to tell my husband something that may affect us such as if I am going to be laid off or something like that.  Other than than that's it.  I know some people who carry their authority home with them and it can be detrimental at times.

I might be guilty of doing a little 5S at home.  It basically means keeping your work space organized and I don't like too much clutter.

1. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I too enjoy being and working in a zen environment. But a "comfort feel" can creep in when I am in the middle of a focused project.
      I personally would like partners/people to leave their "work authourity" at work