jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How many pairs of shoes do you have and how many do you actually wear in an aver

1. Ania L profile image85
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

How many pairs of shoes do you have and how many do you actually wear in an average week?

I've got 20+ pairs of shoes sitting in my wardrobe of which I usually wear two on average in a week. And even though I know it's ridiculous I keep buying them as I always manage to convince myself that they will be perfect for this or another occassion and I simply must have them smile What is your excuse?

2. Lord De Cross profile image81
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

So many factors to have in mind
    -psychological and trend moods
    -self steem
    -An add on Tv, a movie, sa video clip
    -Compulsive reactions to those adds
    -Just boredom
    -trying to match wardrobe and styles

3. bwhite062007 profile image85
    bwhite062007posted 6 years ago

I have more shoes then I have underwear and actually have this huge shoe rack that takes up half my room. I am the first to admit it is quite ridicolous. I hardly wear most of them because I work all the time and just need plain comfy shoes. But in my defense, I have recently smartened up and started selling some of them on ebay!

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I have five pairs of shoes. Two dress pairs of heels. One pair of flip-flops. One pair of boots. And a pair of warm shoes. Though I only wear about two pairs in a week. I do not switch up my wardrobe much. To me comfortable is perfection so I wear what is easy to walk in, looks nice, and doesn't cost much.

5. NessaMetharam profile image60
    NessaMetharamposted 6 years ago

I collect shoes. Some of them are just for display or I wear them for special occasions. But everyday use, I probably wear about 5 pairs only.
    When I see shoes, it seems to call me. Like especially when the word SALE is up. I honestly can't resist it.

6. carrierichard profile image62
    carrierichardposted 6 years ago

I have over 12 pairs. I wear around 4 shoes a week. I always find that I am missing a right shoes with my dress so I always end up buying the perfect one.

7. mandypoole profile image59
    mandypooleposted 6 years ago

I have two pairs. A pair of trainers which I wear nearly every day, and a pair of strappy heels for when I need to be smarter.

8. diydiva profile image82
    diydivaposted 6 years ago

I own over 15 pairs of shoes including sandals.  I was going to count, but stopped at 15.  smile  Lately, I have been wearing 2 pairs a week.  A pair of dress flats to work during the week and sandals on the weekend.  Its getting colder so I will start getting more us out of boots and sneakers though!

9. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 6 years ago

I have about 50 pairs of heels, flats,and boots. I wear on average 7 pair in a week.

10. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 6 years ago

I have (rough count) about 40 pairs of shoes, most of which are dress shoes for work.

* 3 main colors: black, white/light, brown
    * 3 main types: dress, sandals, flats
    * 7 main purposes: work (office professional), everyday, special occasion, yardwork/woodshop, exercise, slippers
    * Rough wear: snow boots, dress boots, hiking boots, garden clogs
    * Costumes: glass slippers, tap shoes, ballet shoes
    On average, I probably wear 10-15 pairs of shoes a week because I wear slippers and exercise shoes everyday, on work days I alternate shoes so that I'm never wearing the same pair in a 3-day period to try to protect my feet from the ravages of fashion. I also make sure to never wear other shoes 2 days in a row because they need time to dry out so they don't get stinky and to let the leather breathe and readjust to your feet.

On average, I spend about $15 per pair of shoes; the most I've ever spent was $80.

11. shoeclub profile image60
    shoeclubposted 6 years ago

I honestly wear a different pair every day. Sometimes I will wear more than 1 different pair in a day depending on what I am doing or where I am going.

working