jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When you where a child, how much technology did you have around?

1. Ricki-Lee Keeley profile image82
    Ricki-Lee Keeleyposted 19 months ago

When you where a child, how much technology did you have around?

Did you or did you not grow up surrounded by phones, computers, and or tablets?

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 19 months ago

We always had a radio and usually a telephone. Then around 1952 or 53 we got a television for a while. Around 1959 we got a stereo record player. That was about it until the nineties when home computers became easily available. Considering I almost burned down the house playing Lemmings I'm not sure that was an advancement.
    Now I have two laptops, one desktop, two tablets, a cell phone, a really nice HD flat screen television that  where I stream both television and movies, an mp3 player, and a wonderful TI-84 Plus calculator that solves every possible math problem you can think of. I love my second childhood...

3. CapCooL profile image92
    CapCooLposted 19 months ago

When I was a child the only technology I had was a TV and Nintendo. Those were the good old days, and I can remember spending a lot more time outdoors lol.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13217833_f260.jpg

There were no cell phones or personal computers when I was a child. Everyone's phone was hardwired to a wall in their home.
    Technology was having a TV, radio/stereo system, and a calculator.
    We had one TV for the whole household. In fact during my youth there was a certain time each night TV channels stopped broadcasting content.
    However all TV reception was FREE with no charges.

working