jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What's the worst job you have ever held? What about the best? What Did you Lik

1. bluesradio profile image74
    bluesradioposted 12 months ago

What's the worst job you have ever held?  What about the best?  What Did you Like or hate?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 12 months ago

The worst job was being a supervisor of an English language school and backstabbed by my colleague, betrayed by my manager and got fired without justice

The best job was as a sales assistant is a computer shop which I had been working for more than 10 years until I was married and had children

bluesradioposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I hate jobs where the fellow employees are the ones that get you ...I have had those type of jobs too but only on occasion...

3. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 12 months ago

This is cool to think about. I have had so many jobs it is impossible to remember them all. I immediately went to the physically hardest. But the fond memories were there. Well drilling at 8,000 feet in a high wind blizzard. Temperature in the shack minus 15. Pick axing through permafrost to lay leach lines with out disturbing the land much like a backhoe would.Maybe those two were the best.
    But without a doubt coaching and teaching and preaching to young ones. That is still the best I think.

Probably being lowered in to a septic tank after pumping it out, and cleaning the walls so a new sealant could be coated on.I am not sure if it was my claustrophobia or just thinking about it was worse.  Maybe shoveling out horse, pig and cattle stalls at a county fair. Not so much the caca but it was just backbreaking and blister causing; Plus no matter how well you did it you just had to wait 12 hours to do it again.

I reckon in all cases I needed the money. So maybe my cry baby self should just have been happy to have a job.

bluesradioposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I always wonder how folks that have to clean up shit are able to do it......but hey sometimes we just have to do what we have to survive...and anytime we help the youths it is a wonderful experience..

2. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 12 months agoin reply to this

For sure Marc it is a strange thing to do. It is funny that when I have coached, they call me coach, when I cleaned up excrement they just called me "boy".

working