jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

India is going to implement GST from this July for its taxation. Is it a good ta

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image34
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 months ago

India is going to implement GST from this July for its taxation. Is it a good taxation law?

2. Venkatachari M profile image57
    Venkatachari Mposted 9 months ago

I think it is a wise move taken by the Indian Government. Presently, we are paying so many taxes that we actually do not know how much is paid towards what. You have the Sales Tax, the Service Tax, the VAT and like that. Can you tell how much is the actual cost of your good and how much tax you have incurred? But, when once the GST comes into effect, I hope we can clearly identify the actual cost and the tax paid for each good or service. This brings transparency in the system and the traders can not manipulate prices.

1. Mellyunplugged profile image79
      Mellyunpluggedposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Will GST make any change in various Cess collected by the Govt? Do we still need to pay Swach Bharat and Krishi Kalyan Cess ?

3. profile image59
    kalpeshpatilkpposted 8 months ago

Yes Sunil I think it is a good decision and better taxation law than existing as all tax collected will directly go to central government so corruption rate will fall down for more detail you could see the benefits of GST here - http://techalgorithm.com/full-form-of-g … on-of-gst/

sunilkunnoth2012posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your valuable comments and observation.

4. Lisa Bonet profile image61
    Lisa Bonetposted 5 months ago

Yes, I think implementing GST is a really good decision as we will actually get to know how much tax we have paid and the plus point is that there is no GST on the ordinary things, mainly bought by BPL families and it don’t force middle class or upper middle-class families to give extra bucks.

sunilkunnoth2012posted 5 months agoin reply to this

You have made some valid points, appreciable and voted up. Thanks for your comments.

working