jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you get good at anything?

1. ingenuity speaks profile image60
    ingenuity speaksposted 8 months ago

How do you get good at anything?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 8 months ago

A football legend Vince Lombardi said, "Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

Dr. Ericsson (1990) says that it takes 10,000 hours (20 hours for 50 weeks a year for ten years = 10,000) of deliberate practice to become an expert in almost anything.

IMHO, to be good at something depends on the 'what' more than the 'how'.

ingenuity speaksposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Well I'm going to keep practicing then. Like someone ounce told me. Your craft is like a tool forge it. Thank you for your advice.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 8 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13549455_f260.jpg

"Success leaves clues."
    Find someone who has accomplished what you want and learn how they did it.Investing time, effort, and energy with the goal of being the best is also a part of it.
    However sometimes one's own natural ability or skill are not enough therefore they must find a way to bridge the gap by putting together a small team to fill in the gaps.
    Lastly for most people to be "good" they love/enjoy doing it.
    If you truly don't love/desire something you can't force yourself to be good for long. Sacrifice and discipline are needed.
    Without {loving the end result} you're not going to want to make a lot of sacrifices in order to get it. Doing (whatever) it takes!

ingenuity speaksposted 8 months agoin reply to this

I agree with you on that. Sacrifice and discipline are a key to success. Thank you for your advice.

working