jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

I need an idea for a publicity stunt...

1. Stan Fletcher profile image75
    Stan Fletcherposted 7 years ago

...for an online newspaper/blog that I write for...I'll consider anything, no matter how stupid and/or crazy.  Just want to raise awareness for <snipped link - do not promote in the forums>

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you are willing to spend money, you can try offline marketing like printing t-shirts, brochures etc.

Stan Fletcherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Will be doing some of that, but I need a BIG EVENT to tie it all together.  Like running across Seattle in a Superman suit.  But not that.  And I can't be naked.  Something totally memorable and newsworthy that most people wouldn't do.

2. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

This was of interest a while ago...

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news12234.html

3. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Looks like you're good at your word... in the fact that you appear most desperate to self promote in the forums; even though it's generally frowned on here. hmm

Wouldn't you get a better result sponsoring a bungee jump? smile

4. Reality Bytes profile image84
    Reality Bytesposted 7 years ago

You could always try posting links to your blog in forums that self promotion is against TOS.

That would be quite the stunt!

Stan Fletcherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I just tried to post the link so you would have some context.  Didn't think about the TOS.  I'm not in the Forums much.  My bad.  Still need ideas though.

5. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

<snipped link - do not promote in the forums>

That Wasn't Me btw. hmm

Do You Know What a Bungee Jump is? hmm

If so; it is something that can generate huge feedback and community involvement.... Explore the possibility and you will be plesantly surprised.

If you can't handle the fall.... hold a vertual BJ... and have them bet on the amount of spring in your rubber! lol

working