jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

How do you promote Contests on Twitter?

1. Alisha2010 profile image62
    Alisha2010posted 7 years ago

Hey, guys! So I'm new to social media promotion, but my company has been running a contest for a few days now on Twitter, and we are not getting a great response. It is very odd to me, because we are giving out free MP3 downloads to everyone. I thought the prize would entice others to participate. Do you think it is the prize? Or the promotion? Any ideas on how to get the word out?

Alisha2010posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just to mention before I get yelled at, not trying to spam. I'm honestly, asking for people's opinions. I'm lost with Twitter, and need any help I can get.

1. bileygur profile image60
        bileygurposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My opinion there are just to much spam on Twitter for real companies to get through.  It is really difficult to get  attention and takes allot of work.

I have always got some effect through search.

Alisha2010posted 7 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by search? I tried using TwitterAdder, but it just added me to a bunch of people (creating a huge list of followers, and barely any followings). Is that the way to go until we build up some following?

1. bileygur profile image60
            bileygurposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was getting the most by adding the right hastags #marketing #webhosting ... and etz.  I had much more visits than my twitter friends.

working