- HubPages Tutorials and Community
How To Reach 50000 Pageviews In 60 Days Chapter 2
My Personal Write-a-thon
In my last article (Chapter 1), I left myself a list of questions to tackle:
How to write consistently?
How to increase your pageviews?
How to increase your web traffic?
How to write articles that interest your readers?
How to write good hubs?
How to promote your hubs?
How to make it easy for search engines to find your articles (search engine optimization or SEO)?
How to communicate with other web citizens in this age of web 2.0?
How to draw on other web citizens' resources to achieve your goals?
I have been addressing these questions by
1. Writing something every day, whether I like it or not. This trick I learned from Ron Clarke, a runner famous for his longest string of unbroken running days. I can’t keep track of his exact number of days. It doesn’t matter. The idea is to write something every day to make it a habit. It is extremely easy to write something every day. The hard part is to write something good enough for publishing. For me, I circumvented the problem by doing this: Some pieces might appear good enough to me, these I’d publish right away and feel the comfort and positive reinforcement of having work completed. Others, including incomplete pieces, I’d archive them to be worked on again later.
2. Starting to promote my articles by sending invitations to all my contacts in my hotmail and gmail accounts, leaving comments on fellow hubbers’ work, digging my hubs, and leaving links to my related hubs at the end of my work. So far, I have 41 pageviews as a result of my digging and 8 new fans taking up my invitations.
3. I have started having a go at writing short stories, on top of my favorite areas of medical, health and parenting topics. This may lead to new readership and helps to keep my writing more interesting. I was a little surprised to see my short story - Are You Sure It's Not A Scheme getting a rapidly growing hubscore and pageview.
4. Adding images to my hubs.
This is what I have been doing. The following is how I have been doing:
Number of hubs: 53
Accumulated pageviews: 1659
Number of days since write-a-thon started: 3
Number of days left to go to reach a pageview of 50,000: 57
Wish me luck.
Other hubs in the same series: