- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
How to write articles online
You can earn (even if you're a bad writer)
If you took the time out to read this then you must be interested in writing articles to make easy money online. Hubpages is a site where you write articles on any subject you want and you get to earn money when people read it. If you just wanna just become a member and start earning now then sign up here. Hubpages is free and you get all the support you need to get you started, you don't need any experience and you have the freedom to write about anything you want whenever you want. The money making part is the great bonus of it all and its not hard at all for even a beginner to earn a good amount monthly.
How can I earn if I'm a bad writer?
Writing articles on Hubpages is much easier than it might seem. You can write about absolutley anything that interests you. You can ask the friendly fellow hubbers in the community to have a look and give you advice and you'll find help pouring in. Hubpages have loads of great tips on how to start writing and you don't have to be a professional, as long as you can type in English you can earn money.
How do I get paid?
You are paid directly from Google, Amazon, Kontera and Ebay. Google Adsense is used to display ads on your articles and you get paid 60% of the ads and Hubpages gets the other 40%. The great thing is that you can use your Adsense account to make more money while you promote your articles. I promote my articles using blogger.com and I can use Adsense there to earn money too. Not only do I get an ongoing incentive for writing but I get paid for promoting it too! Google pays you for displaying ads and also when a reader clicks it. Some ads also pay you a good bit of money just for being displayed. Amazon also gives you commission if someone buys a product after clicking one of their ads. That means you can write about products you have and if someones buys one, you get a cut. Same goes for Kontera and Ebay, but to be honest I only use Adsense and that is more than good enough.
How much do I earn?
You earn as much or as little as you chose. There are many different techniques that people use but the best method is to write about what you love most. The amount you earn often depends on how much the ads are paying and each ads pays a different amount. It mostly boils down to the price people are willing to advertise a product and you can find out by using Google keyword tool. If you chose a topic to write on, type in a few of the keywords into the keyword tool and it will give you an estimate of the competition and the price advertisers are paying everytime someone clicks their ads. It will also give you a few suggestions for the better paying words and the competition. Its best to write about a topic that has loads of high paying keywords but little competition. This often means that not many people are writing about that topic but alot of people are searching for it. That gives you a better chance of of ranking higher in search engines which will give you more visitors. If you have loads of visitiors then the chances of them clicking the ads are higher leaving you with more money.
My first month
I just found Hubpages randomly one day while surfing the web. I liked the idea of getting paid to write and after reading other hubbers experiences I thought I could maybe even do it fulltime. I read a few articles (hubs) that gave advice and tried it out. I wrote a few articles of round about 300 words and almost instantly people were visiting my articles. I told my friends on Facebook and Twitter and even more traffic started to come in. When I checked my adsense account, I noticed that I had earned a fair amount considering how recent I started. I then started writing articles about topics that people were asking in the forums, only to find out that as time went by my older articles were still generating money. By the end of the first month of writing I had my first cheque for doing hardly any work. Thats what motivated me to write this article! I think anyone who wants to make a bit on the side should REGISTER NOW!
What you need to know
You might get carried away once you see your first check in the post and start writing like crazy. With all the tips and advice other hubbers give, you might not want to stop writing. You might find yourself writing about the most random of subjects, those ones pay the most!
Signup and read a few of these guides that I found really useful when I started out, you will soon discover how so many are utilising the internet to earn a good income.
Be sure to Rate Up my article if you found it useful!