Hub Pages Success - How I have done in the last 6 months!
WOW! Has it been 6 months since I've started Hubbing already??? Doesn't seem possible it's been that long. I have had a great time since I've joined and have met some incredible people. I've also learned so much about things I never knew before and found places that I can't wait to visit. Being a part of HubPages has really opened my eyes to the world as a whole. Not just where I live or my family and friends but to everyone in every country and all that they do and see. I can't wait to get out and see more of the world!
My first Hub
My very first hub was about our new house. We bought our frist house this last year and I must say it has been so nice being able to say we have a home. We wanted to get the house completely painted before all of our stuff got here from Italy (which took 3 months by the way) but we only did the kids' rooms. My first hub was pictures and stuff on how we did my oldest daughters room in two shades of purple with blue bubbles (different size dots) and birds flying on her walls. She loves her room still (thank goodness) and it was a blast getting it done. Here is a link to that hub.
- Painting a girls bedroom.
Painting is so much fun! There's many different ways to start, this is one of our many rooms we have done.
I've done many other hubs on so many different topics. There are two other hubs of the painting in the other two kids' rooms (all three of these hubs have my most traffic).
I've done a series on my cousin Morgon Emory who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) on August 29th 2011. He's got 4 Hubs just on his progress and updates on how he is doing. He's still in and out of the hospital trying to heal from everything he is going through. The hopes are that he will get to go home this summer. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family are greatly appreciated! Here is a link to his first Hub Page.
- Morgon Emory - A 15 year olds battle through Leukiema
Morgon Emory is a 15 year old boy. He is my cousin. Since August of 2011 he has been in the hospital fighting Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL). His battle has had it's ups and downs. Working every day to "Get Mo Better!"
I've also done hubs on Kitchen Secrets (my newest), Military Jargon, Places I've been and lived, my family, pictures and even technology. I write about many different topics because everything inspires me. I'm not a pro at just one thing so I dabble in a little bit of everything.
Some of my favorite Hubs I have written are:
- Why do women take so long in the restroom - http://cassylu1981.hubpages.com/hub/Why-women-really-take-so-long-in-the-restroom - this was a HUGE success and if you haven't had a chance to check it out you really should. It was a blast to collect information for this hub and getting all the wonderful feeback has been even more incredible! Thanks to everyone for your support with it :)
- Who Am I? I am ME! - http://cassylu1981.hubpages.com/hub/Who-Am-I-30-in-30-2 - This is of course a favorite because it is all about me. Who I am, where I have been in life, why I am like I am. I love being me :) Wouldn't change it for the world!!!
The only thing I haven't accomplished yet in 6 months is having 100 followers. I'm sure that is because I don't follow a whole lot of people and most people follow you because you follow them. But I only follow those that I know write great Hubs and that I can get some information or ideas from. I'm not the type of person to click on 100 hubbers and follow them just because I can. That's not what makes Hubbing fun for me. I like knowing that the people who follow me are here because they want to be. Even if they are following me because I follow them, at least we share an interest. (does that make sense?)
My very first follower was Sincerely Rachel - http://sincerelyrachel.hubpages.com/
My latest follower (as of now) is KimberlyLake - http://kimberlylake.hubpages.com/
Some of my favorite Hubbers are: (note - these are not ALL of my favorite, if that was the case all 96 of my followers would be on this list. These are just a few!)
Being a Hubber for 6 months has taught me a lot about writing and how to gather information for your writing. Here are my Stats (and I must say I'm quite proud of them!)
IN 6 MONTHS:
- I've written 72 Hubs
- I've gotten 96 followers (I love them all)
- I've got 9 allocades (woohoo)
- I've gotten 220 hub feedbacks (must be doing something right)
- I've gotten a ton of fan mail (woohoo)
- I've had 5,440 page views of all time
- My Hub with the highest view has over 500 views (Yay!)
- I've got 391 total comments (so far)
- My hub score stays right around 90 (only going down to 88 or up to 94 but always right around 90)
- I have left about 2,000 comments on mine and other peoples hubs (I love reading and leaving feedback)
- My earnings are over the $20.00 mark (I'm not really here to make money, just to enjoy writing and reading)
- I've asked 15 questions and have gotten over 300 answers to those questions (that's awesome)
- Most of my traffic comes from google.com, next is hubpages.com, then my actual hubpage, followed by facebook
What Have I Learned?
I have learned so much from Hub Pages. From cooking ideas to how to get more traffic to your hubs. I still SHARE hubs with my followers all the time. I put some on pinterest and always take the time to leave comments.
I've learned that the people on Hub Pages are a wonderful group of people. All of whom are here for basically the same reason as me, to write and share our knowledge with other people.
I've learned that if I ever have a question all I have to do is ask and more then likely I'll get at least one response.
Above all I have learned that Hub Pages is a great thing to be part of. Whether you are here to make money or friends or to just write it is the best place in the world!
Thanks to all you fellow hubbers that are making my Hubs so awesome. I'm ready to celebrate my 100th follower mark and I know in time that too will come. Here's to you guys and gals for allowing me this opportunity. You are the BEST!!!