- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Getting Traffic for Your Articles
Hubber Traffic vs. Search Engine Traffic. Why You Need Both!
Please, take this traffic poll before reading the hub. What do you really think?
Which traffic do you think is better?
Why You Need Traffic From Search Engines and HubPages
You wrote several hubpages. Great. Now you are wondering how to get people to your hubs so they can read them. You were sure to write original content with tons of information to help the reader. So, what should you do?
Be Social on HubPages and Gain Followers
HubPages was created to be interactive. You need to be social on the site to learn more about the site and to gain followers. Having many loyal followers on HubPages can mean increased earnings.
Here are a few steps that will help you meet other hubbers.
- The easiest way to meet other hubbers is to read hubs about topics that interest you. That way you are engaging with hubbers that have common interests.
- Link to other hubs that are related to your hub. You get people's attention when you appreciate their work.
- Leave comments on hubs that interest you.
- If you're really impressed with a hubber's content, follow them! Don't be shy.
Why do you need traffic from other hubbers?
It's very simple. You need traffic and the search engines take time to index and send traffic to your hubs. You can use the tools that HubPages offers to gain traffic and improve your hubscore.
There are several other reasons that you need hubbers to visit your hubs.
- Most hubbers will take the time to rate (or vote) your hub up or down. Visitors from search engines are looking for information or want to make a purchase.
- Most hubbers will take the opportunity to write in your comment module. Search engine visitors will probably not.
- Many hubbers will not mind taking a poll, while shoppers won't bother.
- Any of the actions above will lead to more traffic from HubPages because it will appear on the activity feed of the hubber and the main topic page.
If I get a lot of hubber traffic, why bother getting search engine traffic?
- Hubbers will not add to your adsense income for many reasons including adsense blindness. You get a lot of views, but no Adsense clicks. You should be a member of HubPages Ad program if you fall in this category. You need search engine traffic with visitors that are looking for your targeted info to get clicks.
- Search engine traffic sends you people that are looking for information or want to make a purchase. This is how you make money with Amazon and ebay.
- If you rank well for your targeted keyword(s), search engines will always send you traffic any time of the day. Traffic spikes from hubbers depends on you leaving comments and publishing hubs.
Hubber traffic and search engine traffic are the perfect combination. Let me explain why. With a large following on HubPages, your content will automatically skyrocket to the main page of it's topic. How? If you have 1000 followers and a minimum of 10% visits your hub as soon as you publish it, that means you instantly got 100 visits!
Always remember to write original, quality content. This is the only way to get people to visit any of your sites whether it is a blog, Squidoo lens or HubPages. I strongly recommend that you build links to your hubs. Don't forget to interact with other members on HubPages. You need both to achieve your goals. Work smarter, not harder.
Hope you found this information helpful. Now go take action and give your fellow hubbers some link love, comments and vote those great hubs UP!
Image of My HubPages Traffic Sources
More Helpful Information on Getting Traffic
- Why Having Many Loyal Followers on HubPages Increases Your Earnings
Have you ever wondered if having more followers on HubPages effects your earnings? Discover the truth about followers and it's relationship to earnings.
- Five Things I Do After Publishing a Hub
Discover the five things that I do every time I publish a hub. These easy steps help my hubs get indexed quickly and give me instant backlinks.
- Read This if You Get Lots of Visitors and No Adsense Clicks!
Frustrated because your HubPages are getting tons of visitors, but you aren't getting any Adsense clicks? You need organic search traffic that will bring targeted visitors. Learn how to increase your Adsense money today.
- Easy Steps to Better Search Engine Rankings
Improve your site's Google Search Engine rankings by following the tips on this post. With a combination of high quality links and on page SEO, you will improve organic search traffic and profitability.
- Social Bookmarking Strategy to Get Targeted Traffic
By applying a social bookmarking strategy to your link building you can improve search engine rankings, Google page rank and increase organic search traffic. Social bookmarking sites can help you getmore targeted traffic and increase profitability.