That Awkward Moment on Hubpages When...
'Awkward moments' are another viral online phenomenon that have taken over the Internetz much like LOLcats and memes. Everything from those awkward moments in a teenager’s life, those awkward moments on Facebook etc have been covered extensively on the internet, so I thought I’d do one on ‘those awkward moments in a hubber’s life’.
Boy, there sure are plenty and I had no trouble coming up with 50 of them this afternoon. Each of the awkward moments are numbered so feel free to pick out your favorites and share them in the comments.
That Awkard Moment in a Hubber's Life When...
1. That awkward moment in a hubber’s lifewhen...you forget to eat because you were too busy hubbing.
2. When...you think about your hubs more often than you think about your children.
3. You write about a topic you have no idea on (e.g. financial instruments) and people start asking you genuine questions in the comments that you simply can’t answer.
4. You spend days writing a superior quality hub that never gets ranked in Google.
5. You shoddily put together a poor quality hub in a haste and it gets ranked in Google the very next hour.
6. You find someone has stolen your content, you file a DCMA complaint but 8 months later, the stolen content is still online.
7. You find a new hubber stealing another hubber’s content.
8. You have to flag a hubber because they’re below 18 years of age. (I’ve never done it but if I had to, that would sure be an awkward moment for me.)
9. You flag someone’s profile by mistake. (I swear, it was a mistake!)
10. When people leave totally irrelevant comments on your hubs which don’t relate to the topic at hand.
11. Your comment box has turned into a chat room.
12. People begin a full-blown fight in your comment box.
13. You have to disable your comment box because the comments got so graphic that it was violating the Hubpages TOS.
14. When your comment turns into a hub of it’s own.
15. When your comment you left is longer than the hub itself.
16. When a hubber leaves self-promotional links in your comments box and you don’t know whether to delete it or not.
17. When anonymous losers leave colorful, graphic or insulting comments on your hub but it took you days to delete because you hadn’t logged in.
18. When you log in and find 600 comments awaiting your approval. How tiresome! Lol.
19. When you log in expecting to find comments on your new hub, but no one has commented.
That Awkward Moment When...
20. Someone sues you for the information you provided in your hub. (This goes for health/finance type hubs.) Don’t forget those disclaimers, people! Lol!
21. The hub with the highest score brings in the least number of visitors.
23. The hub with the least hubsore brings in more visitors that your highest scoring hub.
24. You realize someone with fewer hubs than you is making way more money that you are.
25. You realize someone who joined just recently is making way more money than you who joined years ago.
26. That awkward moment in a hubber’s life when you have 1,200 followers but only 8 of themvisit your hub when it’s published.
27. That awkward moment in a hubber’s life when you follow someone and they don’t follow you back.
28. Someone unfollows you and you can’t figure out who.
29. You follow someone back and they unfollow you right after.
That Awkward Moment in a Hubber's Life When...
30. You write a serious hub and someone votes ‘Funny’.
31. You start a thread in the forum and no one replies.
32. You ask a question and no one answers.
33. You reply to a question and your answer gets several thumbs down and you can’t figure out why.
34. Your only visitor to your hubs is your 90 year old Gran.
35. You think you’re a genius and start click on all your ads like a maniac to make a quick buck only to get disqualified by Google.
36. You think a hubber is a dude only to find out they were a dudette all along.
37. You think a hubber is a chic only to find out they were a guy all along.
38. You’re banned from the forums and you can’t figure out why.
39. Your hub which was copied by another site ranks higher than your own original. (True story)
More for Your Reading Pleasure
- The Comprehensive Lazy Hubber's Guide to Making Mone...
The truth is, Lazy Hubbers can make money on Hubpages too. In fact, with the right dedication and attitude, Lazy Hubbers can actually make more money than their un-Lazy counterparts. This hub will give you exclusive tips that do not exist anywhere el
Alright, the Final 10! That Awkward Moment When...
40. That awkward moment when....someone you linked to a dozen times deleted all their hubs and you now have dead links.
41. When...you get a thousand views for your hub from Facebook in one day but after that no one visits that hub again.
42. When someone says they’ve shared your hub on Facebook but you see no evidence of that.
43. When you get excited that someone shared your hub on Twitter but you later find out that they only had 2 followers, which were both spambots.
44. You have 1,200 followers but not a single one comments on your hub.
45. So many people visit your hub but no one leaves a comment.
46. When you realize someone with poor grammar and verb conjugation has more followers than you.
47. When you realize someone who joined a few weeks ago has more followers than you’ve collected in 2 years.
48. You refresh your Earnings page 70 times a minute and you realize your becoming obsessive.
49. When you squeal excitedly that you earned 0.08 cents that day.
50. When you didn’t get paid that month because you missed the payout mark by 0.5 cents.