Paxwill is correct on the code you enter: target=_blank"
This may help clarify what the final code should look like:
1. You need to be in the edit mode of the text capsule that contains the link.
2. Click on html at the top left of your text capsule. This will show all the html code for that text capsule.
3. Find the link within the coded block. It will look like this:
4. Insert the code: target="_blank" just before the last quote marks and before the last > mark.
5. Your link will now look like this: href="http: //stephaniehenkel.hubpages.com/Wanderlust-Why-People-Travel" target="_blank">
6. At the top of the text capsule, click on "Save". You'll get a message saying the code needs to be cleaned up. Say "OK".
7. Save your changes. Once you are out of edit mode for the capsule, you can test your link to see if it opens a new tab.
*Note: I've added an extra space in the sample links above so that they are disabled as active links in this answer.