* Write good quality hubs to start with, ideally evergreen, not too short not too long, with great images.
* Try to find a niche topic, a hobby or subject you know a lot about or can research and freshen up.
* Share on social media - but do not swamp or spam.
* Join groups.
* WryLilt the hubber has written hubs on this very topic. Read and learn!!
*Persist. If traffic is low keep at it. Edit older hubs, change titles and so on.
* 80% of traffic comes from only 15-20% of hubs so some hubs may not bring in traffic.
* Seasonal hubs may be low at certain times of year but great when 'in season'. Think about a balance between evergreen and seasonal?
* Remember that the future looks mobile for shorter hubs - many readers look for instant kicks on mobile and apps.
Best of luck with all this. Keep trying. Writing online is tough and often it's best to have other writing sites to help boost income if that's what you're here for!!