jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Uploading part of copyright owned audio file in one of my Hubs

1. profile image0
    aHappierLifeposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone, I have not found this exact topic in the FAQ so I am posting this thread, thanks a lot in advance
    My question is: If I want to upload a little audio file to help my readers, but this file is part of a CD I created that I might sell, where should I write the copyright info part? I have checked a number of Hubs where there are videos and similar materials, but I have never seen any copyright info for those videos or own materials

Is the Hubpages copyright info at bottom of Hub pages enough to prove that that audio is my creation?
    I know I cannot prevent thieves to steal my material, but just as a general protection, to prove it is my material and at least , that I did not steal it :-)

Where would I post this info, underneath the audio file or bottom of Hub?
    Any one knows? any suggestions, advise, feed back is very much appreciated
    Thanks AL

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can't upload an audio file unless you mean you are adding it to YouTube first.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can't upload an audio file unless you mean you are adding it to YouTube first or linking it from another site.

1. profile image0
        aHappierLifeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply, and for your time
        to answer to your question, no I do not intend to upload a youtube video file, I just would to upload a normal audio file (MP3) Do we have anything like that that allows us to upload an audio, not a video, I am not talking about video
        And my question was about how and where to post your copyright info for that audio
        Does it make sense?
        But according to your knowledge, are you saying that we cannot upload audio files without the video?
        Thanks a lot for your help
        AL

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image72
    Nouveau Skepticposted 5 years ago

I don't know of a way to directly upload an audio file.

And you could assert you copyright to the file anywhere on the hub other than as a watermark.

1. profile image0
      aHappierLifeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanx a lot for your prompt reply!!
      I have never done this before, where do you suggest I place my copyright info, right on top of the audio file player? Or at the bottom of the Hub text?
      Have you ever seen a Media Player or an audio player inserted in any hub?
      If there is not a way, then the only option would be to post a link to my site where the Audio is, correct?
      Thanks a lot
      AL

working