jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Does having a video recipe hurt your chances of getting more traffic?

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I don't know if I was clear in my title question. I have a recipe hub that is also a video hub. I have noticed that regular recipe hubs are doing much better plus this hub does not show up in search as a recipe but a video. How many people search for "recipe videos" as opposed to "recipes".

So my question is, isn't having a video retarding my chances of getting more traffic?

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
      SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know the official answer to your question as far as statistics go, but my personal preference when cooking is to have a written-out recipe on a page, whether that page is a recipe cut out of a magazine, printed from my computer, or just my laptop up on the counter in front of me.

I like to be able to skim the recipe, reread the details and go over the ingredients again and again to make sure I'm putting the recipe together correctly and following all directions.

All that backing up to just the right spot to find out what the person in the video said is a pain.

I guess video is supposedly the current darling of Google and the internet, but personally I do knot much care for it to get information I'm looking for, and this is especially true for recipes.

Puppies, kittens and models falling off of runways? For stuff like that, it's  video all the way.

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The hub does have all the information that can be printed out along with other information such as nutrition data and everything. The hub 1500+ words long.

When you create a video hub it does not show up as an article hence when you create a video recipe hub it does not show up in search as a recipe, that's what I am talking about.

2. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

Interesting...I am just completing my first video hub and it happens to be a recipe hub, lol  Oh well...I'm already into it up to my armpits...or, as the recipe goes, peach pits.

working