jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Can't find my hub on Google...?!

1. Rehana Stormme profile image85
    Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago

I have a hub that doesn't get any traffic from Google, I mean NO traffic at all. It usually has 0 views, except for the occasional click from within Hubpages.

Today I decided to google the first paragraph and the search yielded 4 pages of results, of which my hub featured in none.

What does this mean? That my hub was never indexed in the first place? What do I do to get it indexed?

1. internpete profile image92
      internpeteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting. If your hub has a fair amount of content and if it is older than a week or so, I would have expected it to be indexed by Google. Have you shared it on any social websites? This helps, so try sharing it on fb, twitter, etc.
      Also consider submitting it to the search engines to index. Just search 'submit urls to google/bing' and then submit your url to google and bing.

I usually can search google using the title to my hub and it is often the first result after a week or so. Hope this helps. Maybe provide a link to the hub in question?

Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Internpete, thanks for your help. I haven't shared it on any social networking sites. I did unpublish this hub a couple of times to edit a few things...Anyway, thanks for your help! I'm going to submit the url. Cheers!

2. tamron profile image73
    tamronposted 5 years ago

My hubs index right away or in a day or two.  You can submit your hub here https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url then check your hub in a few hours.

Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Tamron, thanks a bunch for the link. I've just submitted my URL. I'll check again tomorrow, it should get indexed by then. Cheers!

3. wilderness profile image99
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Check to see if it is indexed by searching for the URL rather than a text segment.  If it does not show up, google has not found it.  If it shows up does not indicate it is "cached" google has found it but has not indexed it yet.

Tamron's advice is good; I have had Google take as much as six weeks to index a hub and that is far too long for my taste.  Requesting that WMT do it will shorten that immensely.

working