jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Dramatic Drop in Traffic

1. hbentleymom profile image68
    hbentleymomposted 5 years ago

This past week I saw a dramatic drop in traffic to my hubs. A majority of my hubs traffic comes from searches. Analytics reports roughly 90% is search and Hubpages traffic sources is about the same. What could the big drop be caused from, I did nothing different than any other week. Any help would be great! Thanks

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

The big 'G' has been tinkering with search results and algo's along with HP making their recent 'Idle' hubs algo which de-indexes hubs from showing in search, altogether hmm  which isn't good for any of us over all tongue but that's jmo

1. hbentleymom profile image68
      hbentleymomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wonder when it will pick back up.....

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I do believeths that we will have to wait till final results are in, and then prepare for another 'tweak' to correct this tweak lol joys of the surf I guess? hmm

4. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 5 years ago

My traffic went down about 25% for most of the week and took a sudden upwards turn this morning. I don't know that it means anything at the moment.

I'm a little more concerned about the drop in HPAds earnings not commiserate to the change in traffic...

1. mackyi profile image84
      mackyiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought I was the only one who have been experiencing a decline in my already meager, traffic coming from Google. I do know that Google has a way of dropping sudden bombs! I am just hoping this is not a result of one of their house cleaning tactics!

working