jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

recipe for chicken breasts

1. carol7777 profile image93
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

i had a warning on a hub I was working on for chicken breasts . I got a warning that all advertising was going to be eliminated.  I eliminated the word breast and the warning went away.  I have done several chicken breast recipes without problems.

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was going to say, "try chicken boobs", but that would be wrong.

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

On a matter such as this, I believe that HubPages can "allow" exceptions that the filter would block. I would email them about the problem at team@hubpages.com.

2. WriteAngled profile image84
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I would think that for commonly used compound terms, it should not be beyond the programming skills of the creators of HP's "naughty words" algorithm to make exclusions

for example, flag "breast/s" but do not flag if the word is preceded by "chicken" or "turkey" or followed by "of chicken", "of turkey".

It would relieve staff of having to read through hundreds of messages pleading for the advertising ban to be lifted when such terms are used.

carol7777posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I certainly agree and there are several hubs including older ones of mine that have chicken breasts in the title and throughout..Thanks for a great answer.

3. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I apologize re: other post.

carol7777posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was kinda cute.

working