Ebay Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. shampa sadhya profile image76
    shampa sadhyaposted 11 years ago

Is it okay to have Ebay earnings to be $0.00 for five consecutive days? I had noticed earlier that it was nil for may be two days at a stretch but definitely not for 5 days in a row. Kindly, throw some light on this matter because I am a bit worried. Thanks in Advance!

1. tommen profile image82
      tommenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Shampa! It all comes down to the traffic you are getting to your hubs.If no one clicks on the ads, you will not earn anything.Also, sometimes Hubpages are behind with the stats and they notify you when you login to your account.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

I count myself lucky if I get one or two eBay clicks a month.

3. heathersgreatcat profile image75
    heathersgreatcatposted 11 years ago

No way!!! My sales are in the hundreds of dollars each month and I work hard for that money.  I find the best items to be NEW clothes with the tags attached.  I buy them for under ten bucks a piece and resell them at a profit.  How do I boost sales? Read my tips to find out...

4. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

We are talking about commissions from eBay sales made through hubs, not about selling physical goods on eBay!

5. shampa sadhya profile image76

Thanks to all of you for sharing your views. It helps to know many aspects. Thanks again!

6. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 11 years ago

I sometimes get 0 clicks but it averages out at about 5-7 clicks a day while the value per click also varies.  Currently its 7c a click.

7. luisj305 profile image75
    luisj305posted 11 years ago

This week the clicks have been as low as possible. Regularly I see pretty much the same amount of clicks daily on average, however the amount per click does vary greatly.

Sometimes only pennies, other times several dimes or quarters. I have yet to see any winning bids though.

That's part of the reason for my preference of Ebay over Amazon capsules, earnings are per click and not sales.

1. Mellonyy profile image60
      Mellonyyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know that Ebay earnings are per click. Could you provide me with more information? Thank you in advance!

8. johnwilliams33 profile image57
    johnwilliams33posted 11 years ago

I think it is normal for it to be nil for somedays. But if you dont record any earnings afterwards, then you should be worried and seek some help.

9. profile image0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years ago

I'd like to know what you are all doing. I have impressions but no clicks. I made sure that my items are geared for my Hub topic. Not sure if I did something wrong or not. --Deb

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by impressions?   Do you mean page views?   

Unfortunately, HubPages doesn't tell us how many people are clicking on our eBay ads and not buying (which would be useful information to have).

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure they do.  Yesterday I had 321 impressions, 4 clicks and made 27 cents.  The next page tells me my last sale was on the 23rd, when I sold one item; a telephone.  Unless you assume that one person made all four clicks, I had 4 people that clicked through, but no one bought.  Bid, maybe, but did not buy.

What am I missing? Is there another screen I should be looking at?  On the "my eBay Sales" page, all I can see are RPM, page views and sales.  Then further down there's the list of specific products sold.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

On the " earnings reports" page you can set it to eBay, Ad program or both.  Default is both, but choosing eBay shows impressions, clicks, EPC and earnings.

*edit* just to be clear, it is not the ebay sales reports page, it is the "earnings reports" page.

Aha!  (light bulb moment).   I must admit, I never tried setting it to "ebay program" because I always just went to the eBay Sales page.  Thanks!

2. profile image0
        GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Marisa Wright: If you look at the eBay Program summary, you will see Impression column. Next to that is Clicks and EPC, then Earnings. So, as I mentioned I have a lot of impressions but no clicks. That's fine, but didn't know if I was missing out on something.--Deb

Thanks, Wilderness pointed it out to me.  I've always just gone straight to the Sales Report and didn't notice the extra detail available on the summary. 

If you're getting lots of impressions but no clicks, then it sounds like the products being featured in your capsule need tweaking, because they're not tempting the reader to buy.

10. shampa sadhya profile image76

Thanks once again to everybody for a healthy discussion on eBay. I want to share an information with all of you that after five consecutive days without a click and so zero earning from eBay I managed to earn a little for one click on sixth day. Now, I am sure there is no problem with eBay in my case but the factor that mattered was the clicks. Thanks again!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)