jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Broken Links, Unpublished Hubs, Hubbers Gone!

1. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Today, I had 2 published hubs that had broken links.  It turns out that the links were to other Hubbers Hubs.  When I clicked on the links, a page opened that said that these Hubs were no longer published (would this happen if they went to Zzzs?).  I tried to find one of the Hubbers, lbradmasters, and they were gone!
    Hubs unpublished, Hubbers gone, what is going on?

bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Found the Hubber, it is ib radmasters (only lost because of poor spelling on my part).  I sent the Hubber an e-mail to find out what happened to the Hub.  Will Hubs going to Zzzs affect the Hubs of others?

1. IzzyM profile image89
        IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

These hubs are unpublished, not Zzeed.

Idle hubs are still published and the links are live. It could be the hubbers you were linked to chose to unpublish their hubs.

Just fix the broken links and move on.

A lot of people chose to unpublish their own idled hubs because they were not getting traffic to them and felt it wasn't worthwhile updating them.

Or perhaps they found new homes elsewhere for their work, and who could blame them?

An idled hub is no good to man nor beast.

bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have read about Hubbers looking at other sites and just filed it in the back of my mind.  It wasn't a broken link that concerned me, it was the fact Hubbers who I thought enough of to use their work in links could be leaving HPs.  Do I need to think about it?

1. IzzyM profile image89
            IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Most hubbers who join other sites do not resign from HP and take their hubs down.

Who knows why people do that, unless they have the chance of earning more with them elsewhere.

Personally I just write new ones. They are not hard to do.

working