Marijuana

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Ktrina123 profile image61
    Ktrina123posted 11 years ago

how many people think that if Obama legalizes pot what are the increase or decrease chances?

1. Ktrina123 profile image61
      Ktrina123posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of him getting re elected?

1. Humdrumconundrum profile image56
        Humdrumconundrumposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, it is too late to legalize it before the election, and he can only serve two terms. The president can't legalize it. It will have to go through congress.

I graduated high scholl in 1971. We thought it would be legal within a few years. Once people go through college and sell out to corporate, they don't give a hoot for those who don't sell out to corporate.

Corporations rule the world.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Corporation are breaking nature's law by making the most important plant in the world, Illegal in every country on earth. It makes debt, not love, at some point people will over come, not so much politricks in order to get elected.

People and nature, rule the world, the bigs guns are on the run.

If they aren't, they will be. Personally, I think basic nutritional plants are more important than marijuanna, even though marijuanna does have it's share of nutritional value.

Marijuanna makes 50,000 different products, no other kind of plant  on earth can produce it's production of goods and services.

The power for the people would be huge, the greedy can't have that.

2. assignmentswiz profile image60
        assignmentswizposted 11 years agoin reply to this

if people smoke it on election day, he stands a chance of winning.

These guys are such puppets, who knows.

2. Ktrina123 profile image61

well that's just great gave my hopes up cus I was reading I think on yahoo or something about him wanting to make it legal to have like 1 ounce, and how Romney was against it. I swear if they just would get over themselves who ever has the power to legalize it and realize that there are more worse stuff in the world. That can kill..... lol

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is a matter of days til the election, he sure as hell won't be doing it now--and probably not ever.

2. Humdrumconundrum profile image56

Grow it in the woods and don't let anyone else know.

3. Ktrina123 profile image61

lmfao.. well right now its too cold frost would kill them

If Obama presents legalizeing pot, then it will  increase his chances of votes with the people.

Not to say, the legal drug companies or Cartel won't chase after him.

Except for the people who oppose legalization.

2. Humdrumconundrum profile image56

There is always next year. Here in Florida, if you plant right now, they will bud out immediately and by spring you will ahve a big wad of buds the size of a basketball. With homegrown, you don't get all of the chemicals the indoor growers use (colcacine [sp?] is used for genetic engineering and it is nasty) and there isn't any cartel blood on it.

4. Ktrina123 profile image61

well i did a poll on people who wanted it legal and who did not and only 30% said no the rest was all yes. so I wouldnt worry bout it lol

The ones who don't want it legalized should learn to mind their own business.

2. psycheskinner profile image82

Do you think a candidate even on the polls can afford to risk losing 50% of the vote on an issue that crossed party lines? I don't.

This election is about people in the middle.  They would run about 50/50 on this issue.

What's the difference? Every issue seems to have the same split.

The difference is you can't take too many new positions at once without losing the majority.  And Obama knows that.

He loses nothing by keeping it illegal as the most pro-MJ demographics will vote for him anyway.

Is it legal in the UK? That should be your concern.

Why?

Aren't you in the UK?

I am in the US.

My bad, welcome home. Get out and vote so I can burn my weed. Actually, I like to eat it more. It lasts longer. I am an artist who was in a severe car wreck, and the herb helps me stay on task when I work. It doesn't kill pain like oxycontin, it just makes it more bearable and loosens my broken wrists.

5. Ktrina123 profile image61

lol

I wasn't joking, but I'm glad you concur. Have you ever seen the old movie "Reefer Madness" from the thirties?

Time to up date their pot reserch. it only makes me mad for pizza, sleep and little sex if I'm hanging out with the right gal.

That's the problem. People are ignorant of the effects. I don't remember her name, but there was a lady senator from a western state that sat on a national discussion panel about legalization. This was over 20 years ago. When the issue of alchohol being legal came up, she said, "It is not the same. People don't drink to get 'blotto'."

What?

Those who are against legalization don't understand at all. They are also unaware of the devastation to families that the war on drugs has perpetuated. It is a war on the poor!

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

The polls only needs to climb up to 80%, and like everything esle in human history, it changes.

Don't smoke pot, just eat it, smoking anything is not good for us.
      Make tobacco illegal, it kills more people than all drugs combines and it's legal in every country in the world

About 90% of Canadains approve marrijuana as a medcine. The only proof that pure pot kills, was a lad rats who was killed from dropping a 20 pound bale of pot 10 stories up on him.

The rat died happy. I am not for making anything like tobacco illegal. In a free country, you have the right to mess yourself up if that’s what you choose to do. Will surfing be illegal next? You could drown out there.

Not many people die of second hand surfing. Or cost the state hundreds of  thousand as they die a lingering and agonizing surfing death.

I got hit on the head from someones surf board once.

Yet many more people die from smoking, at least give pot the same laws as tobacco.

That would make sense.  But having gone through a family member dying of emphysema I would be quite open to banning combustion-based consumption of both.

What next, fire places

Yeah, who needs people blowing smoke in your face, give them chimneys to put on their head.

What next?  Probably vaporizing cigarettes.  Then you just take the drug and don't end up with a degenerative disease.

2. Ktrina123 profile image61
              Ktrina123posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree

6. Ktrina123 profile image61

have know idea

7. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I think the 'decriminalization' route is more likely, at least to begin with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)