jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

An Inappropriate Google ad

1. sharonsnow profile image54
    sharonsnowposted 8 years ago

I just published my first Hub and one of the Google ads is for "Sexy Asian Girls."  This is not acceptable to me.  Do I have any control over the ads or do I just need to eliminate Google.  Would other ad sense options run the same risk?

1. Sally's Trove profile image84
      Sally's Troveposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It takes time for google to catch up with you.  As you spend more time here, you will see what that means.  Give it a day or two, and then, mostly, the AdSense ads will come into line with your Hub.  Meanwhile, at this moment, your profile shows that you have no Hubs.  Maybe you deleted your first one. 

So if you are feeling discouraged, give it all a chance.  Welcome to HP.

2. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yes, eliminate Google lol

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image83
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

Yes, you can. From the Adsense FAQ's:

How can I block certain ads from showing on my site?

If you see ads that you'd prefer not to display, don't worry. You can prevent
    these ads from appearing on your site by using your Competitive Ad Filter to
    block them. Our Filter Guide ( http://www.google.com/adsense_newpub1/urlfilter )
    shows how.

Of course, this only applies if you have already opened your own account with adsense.

4. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

She will still see unwanted ads for some time in Hubpages's share of ads, even if she blocks them for her own share. There is no point in doing this though, cause in a few hours ads become relevant smile

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image83
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years agoin reply to this

True. I forgot about that.

working