jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (31 posts)

RESOLVED: AdSense: You have 3 days to make changes to your site

1. Sabre1000 profile image82
    Sabre1000posted 2 years ago

I just got this email from AdSense...
    "This is a warning message to alert you that there is action required to bring your AdSense account into compliance with our AdSense program policies. We’ve provided additional details below, along with the actions to be taken on your part.
    Affected website: sabre1000.hubpages.com

Violation explanation
    UNNATURAL ATTENTION: Publishers are not permitted to encourage users to click on Google ads or bring excessive attention to ad units."

So these are the Ads that HubPages put on the Hub....not me.
    So you guys need to fix that within 3 business days or the AdSense goes bye bye.

Weird...usually you are telling ME when I had a violation.
    Not the other way around.

1. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Bad news! mad

2. peachpurple profile image76
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

that is weird, why is adsense sending you this message?

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

This does not sound like it is them...apparently you have gone a bit too far in drawing readers' attention to  the ads that appear on some of your articles.  It would be nice if they told you which ones, but my guess is that the more current articles you have written would be suspect.  I agree with WF that you need to remove all ads if you cannot straighten this out soon.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I just checked a few of your hubs and see another problem...in those I looked at you have posted photos of women wrestlers, but I see no permissions listed for them.  You have to credit your sources and, especially in the case of photos of individuals, you have to make sure you have a model's release.  I see no signs of this...and this alone could be cause for you to be sued.  Just sayin'

Sabre1000posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Violation explanation
          UNNATURAL ATTENTION: Publishers are not permitted to encourage users to click on Google ads or bring excessive attention to ad units."

4. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That notice sounds like there are issues with your subdomain and Hub content that asks people to click ads. First, make sure to review your Hubs and remove any content that asks readers to click ads.
      I have contacted our ad team as well to see if we can provide you anymore details.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

IMHO It could be a floater issue

QUOTE: "Unnatural attention to ads

Publishers are not permitted to bring unnecessary or unnatural attention to their Google ads. Examples of this include:

flashy animations that draw a user’s eyes to the ads
            arrows or other symbols pointing to the ads

Drawing unnatural attention to ads includes placing Google ads in a floating box script that causes the ad to appear in a “sticky" position on the page as the user scrolls down. This type of ad implementation is not permitted."END QUOTE

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Are you sure there is no wording to that effect on your Hubs? Because you could have quite a problem in a few days if you do....

No Relache there is absolutely no wording like that on my Hubs.
      "UNNATURAL ATTENTION: Publishers are not permitted to encourage users to click on Google ads or bring excessive attention to ad units. For example, your site may not use symbols such as graphics, arrows, or misleading images that direct attention to the ads. This also includes placing Google ads in floating box scripts. "

And I'm looking at a AdSense ad for ChnLove.com in a floating box right now.
        And if this goes sitewide...EVERYONE will have quite a problem.

1. Colin Quartermain profile image87
          Colin Quartermainposted 2 years ago in reply to this

floating box script is one where the advert floats over the centre of the page, over the text etc below, and stays in the centre when you scroll down a page

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago

If true this could have serious repercussions. Hope the HP team takes this seriously!

4. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

This is a bad thing. I hope HP can fix the problem and stop it from happening.

5. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

I wonder if google is referring to the ads on the sidebar.  Are those sticky ads?  I saw one on your first hub.  Below the fold one ad stayed in place as I scrolled down the page.  That could be the problem?

Personally I would consider that a floating ad which is a no-no.
      But some say it is not a floating ad.
      So....

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

HubPages has permission to run ads like this.  We still occasionally get a warning.  If you get a warning, just email the team @ hubpages and if it's about the placement, number of ads, or things we control, we can contact AdSense to make sure your account is in good standing.

I''ll send this notice over today.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
      LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12179371.jpg

4. Sabre1000 profile image82
      Sabre1000posted 2 years ago

I would like to thank Paul personally for taking care of this situation for me with AdSense.
      He contacted them himself and made sure that my account was in good standing with them.
      And he also told me to contact him if I ran into anymore trouble.
      It means a lot when someone like that will step in and handle something to take care of their "people".
      You dont see that a lot anymore and it is greatly appreciated.

Again, thank you sir and I think you have set a lot of minds at ease.

BTW, the Warning I got earlier now says "Resolved".

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Bravo to Paul. It is good to know things are taken care of like this.

2. Writer Fox profile image78
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's so good to know!  I appreciate your posting this on the forum and keeping us updated.  This was a critical issue that affected everyone and the future of HP itself.  Sorry you had to go through the stress personally, but I'm so glad everything is resolved now. Thanks for speaking up and emailing Paul.

3. colorfulone profile image88
        colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It is great to hear that the problem was resolved.
        Whew!

5. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

Thank you, Paul.

6. Hicks Days profile image60
      Hicks Daysposted 2 years ago

nice, problem solved smile

7. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

I've received the same message.  What's scarey is that the Hub they cite isn't even mine, so why am I getting the message?

This is the one with the problem, apparently:

http://giocatore.hubpages.com/hub/Poker … rd-Edition

1. neosurk profile image89
        neosurkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It might be the traffic referral thing. A visitor might have clicked on your HubPages referral link, then might have visited the hub. So the ads are yours for some impressions. Is the person your referral?  If not, that seems to be the only reason.

Also, you can check on "Sites" reports on your Adsense performance reports to see what subdomains your ads are being displayed on.

8. Reality Bytes profile image89
      Reality Bytesposted 2 years ago

I just received the same warning from adsense.  Without much access to the web at this time, I have a problem resolving this. 

My stuff has been out there for years with no problem.  What's up?

Will try to check back in a day or two, Google has given me three days to resolve the issue.  If I lose my Adsense $$$, I starve......  sad

1. relache profile image85
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You might try contacting admin directly, but remember they are all about to go home for the weekend, so you may find you don't have AdSense by Monday.

2. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You could deactivate your ad program settings until staff resolves your problem.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image75
        Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Please forward the message to team@hubpages.com and I can see if we can contact our Google rep.

Closed to reply

working