jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

FIXED: Adding a link in text capsule only offers Amazon links

1. janderson99 profile image57
    janderson99posted 4 years ago

The search facility for the Links Tool within the Text Capsule is Busted. It does not show suggestions for your own hubs to link to or any other suggestions.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I just tested using Firefox 17 in Windows 7 and it worked for me.
      I would suggest upgrading to the latest version of Firefox and clearing your browser cache.

janderson99posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have the latest version of FF and cleared the cache. It is still broken. The tool does not allow switching between the search options (you get one when it starts but you cannot get the others) - display is weird.
        PS - Does not work properly using Google Chrome as well!!!!

I once again tested a bunch for suggestions in a Hub and the tool appears to be working fine.

If you are seeing an issue, please provide specific details and a screenshot as I am unable to reproduce any issues.

See the image below. The tool now finds my links, but the display is weird (it does add the link to the text). Previously when you clicked on the amazon and other tabs the tool would display these - now this does not work even if you click on the tab a hit search. Sometimes the Amazon ones pop up at the start and you cannot get the other links displayed (my links).
            http://www.a1niches.com/linksit.jpg

Thanks for the details.
              I just tested in Chrome and as you described, it is only showing me the Amazon results and clicking "My Hubs" or "Hubs" does not seem to change the info displayed in the dialog.

I have sent this to our engineering team to be addressed.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image76

This should now be fixed.
      I just tested in Safari and confirmed it is currently working.

Yep!  Its fixed.
        Thanks Mate!
        Great Job!
        Cheers,

2. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 4 years ago

I just tested it and it seems the search function within the link tool only gives links to amazon products.  Even if you switch the tab to search all of Hubpages or just your own hubs specifically, it still only suggests links for products.

While we're on the subject of linking to other hubs, I have a suggestion to improve the tool...Why not automatically include a hubber's referral tracking code in the link?

Closed to reply

working