jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

HP questions, traffic, google rank, indexing

1. NateB11 profile image95
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

I notice when I check stats on my Hubpage at Google Analytics, my questions are included, including bounce rate. I'm wondering if it's wise to delete questions after awhile, particularly if they're showing a high bounce rate; because bounce rate can lower the value of your page with google. Also, I'm wondering generally if traffic and behavior of traffic to your questions has any effect on your sub-domain rank and indexing. Thanks in advance.

1. paradigmsearch profile image92
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ya know... That reminds me. According to G.A., all my questions have a view duration of 00:00:00. That is an obvious crock. As such, I don't really trust their data anymore. Tread carefully.

1. NateB11 profile image95
        NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, their stats don't make sense to me most of the time either.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image99
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

I had a drop in traffic a few months ago, right after I posted several questions (the site seemed to be encouraging that), and apparently, the site had been indexing questions or something & needed to adjust that. So I didn't post any questions for at least two months, and my traffic recently went up & started recovering nicely.

Because I assumed HP had kept the questions from being part of the indexing system (or whatever), I posted another question a few days ago - and now my traffic is dropping again.  I have no idea if it's related, but on the outside chance that it is, I do not plan to post more questions.  I will be the first to admit that I don't really know how all of that works, but it certainly is discouraging to work your way through a traffic slump and have it drop again.

Seems to me every time I delete a question, my traffic goes up. I think I'll go delete another one right now...

"Why do we do what we do?" just bit the dust... It's a good keyword phrase, but only 1 view in 30 days, and it was probably mine. Btw, anyone so inclined, feel free  to use the phrase in a new hub title. I'm not sufficiently inspired to do one myself. big_smile

2. NateB11 profile image95
        NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking I should delete some of my questions. Thanks for the info, folks.

working