jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

KNOWN ISSUE: Missing Page Views

1. andyoz profile image88
    andyozposted 4 years ago

There has been quite a bit of talk about traffic dropping and quite a few people have said their viewing figures here on Hubpages are way below what Google is reporting. I've noticed the same thing. My Hub stats are down whereas my traffic reports on Google are telling me my views are actually up.

I did a little bit of digging and noticed some Hubs have missing views. For instance one of my best Hubs over the past few months currently has no page views in the past 24 hours. Very hard to believe as it's quite high in the SERPs. So I've had a look on Google Analytics and sure enough yesterday it reported 43 views. So I decided to go and view the Hub a few times, generating a few views. A couple of hours later it was still reporting 0 views in the past 24 hours.

So why are some of our page views not getting through. In reality it means were not losing out on earnings, but it is annoying when the stats are so wrong and you can't work out what's being viewed and what's not.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

This is related to a known issue with search traffic stats that we're still working on. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Here's the thread where this issue was first addressed: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105405

1. andyoz profile image88
      andyozposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone

1. Simone Smith profile image92
        Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No problemo! Our apologies about the discrepancies.

Closed to reply

working