Clicks with No Page Views

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Pop Culture World profile image82
    Pop Culture Worldposted 9 years ago

Hello,

I am seeing on my Adsense earnings 0 page views yet there are clicks coming from the pages still.

Two days ago there were about five clicks and then the next day those clicks were gone from the previous night's report. Today I am seeing clicks again with 0 page views.

Is there something wrong with the new ad program or with the Adsense ads? I want to keep my Adsense in good standing and am highly concerned about this.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can you explain what number you are comparing and from what sources?
      Keep in mind that your AdSense code is displayed on your content during your share of impressions.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#impressions

2. Matthew Meyer profile image73

The ad team posted information to another forum that I think is related to this.
      You can see that post here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2700933

2. Pop Culture World profile image82

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for replying. My Google AdSense report for today under popcultureworld.hubpages.com shows:

1 Pageview, 4 Clicks, 400% Clickthrough Rate.

I think one of my other HubPages profiles had this problem the other night (instead of this profile) before the "Clicks" were removed from the report the next day.

This shows that, during your share of impressions, the Hub was viewed once and the person clicked 4 ads and 4 ads for one view is a 400% clickthrough rate.

That is a bit out of the ordinary, but within the realm of possible.

3. Pop Culture World profile image82

Considering that it is odd, If this keeps happening, should I alert Google AdSense? Thank you.

Sure. You can contact Google AdSense support if you would like and express your concern.

Pop Culture Worldposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can any other Hubbers tell me if they are having a high click-through-rate on their AdSense reports in the past few days?

2. healthbooklet profile image88
        healthbookletposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think... its not adsense issue

2. viryabo profile image95
      viryaboposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Alert Google ASAP.

This happened to me some time ago on one of my websites, and after 'tearing my hair out', running from post to post on the Google forum. I was REALLY scared! I learned i was being click-bombed and read on what to do from others who experienced the same.

First thing i did was turn off my ads. Next, i was told to inform Google about my observations here -  https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/ … ks_contact

I waited a few weeks before turning them back on, watched to see what happened for a few days, I did lose some Adsense income but it was better than losing my Adsense account.

I hope this helps.

Viryabo,

Thank you for telling me about your experience. I might just have to end up doing this.

I noticed this has only happened since the new ad changes. This started happening around the 15th or 16th, so I imagine it is related to that. I have four HubPages accounts, and it is happening on at least two of the accounts.

ya.. I am facing this issue from 15th...hope hubpages will resolve it asap

Thanks viryabo, I did the same smile

4. healthbooklet profile image88
    healthbookletposted 9 years ago

Same issue here from last 15-Jan

adsense views decreased by 1/100th and clicks are same

Hi Health,

You mean that your AdSense views dropped but your clicks remain the same as they were before?

1. healthbooklet profile image88

Yes... its decreased to single digits and traffic is normal when I checked in google analytics

5. Classman profile image61
    Classmanposted 9 years ago

me too sad

6. healthbooklet profile image88
    healthbookletposted 9 years ago

Hi Hubpages staff,

Coul you please let me know if you have any update about this issue? I am facing this issue only for my hub and not for other sites having same adsense...everything is normal for other sites ie., view, clicks etc

7. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

You may be experiencing an AdSense reporting issue with page views, which people mentioned in the forum some time ago. The problem was said to be fixed, but at least in my case it never was. In the last week there has been another change, causing the daily HubPages page views reported in AdSense to be very low - sometimes in the single digits. All other sources of information show that my views are normal, however.

What you could do - if you haven't already done so -  is to go to the "Columns" tab under the date in AdSense. If you choose "Ad requests" from this tab, you may find that the numbers are normal, as I do. It's just the page views section of AdSense that isn't working for me. Everything else seems to be fine.

Alicia C,

That must be my problem.

I found Ad Request information and it looks much more normal looking.

Thank you!

Is your issue resolved?

Yes, it has. Basically the views on the Performance Report in AdSense always look much smaller than they really are for HubPages. And the CTR is showing much higher as a result. Apparently this is just how it looks. But if you drill down further into the details of your performance report (using the side bar) you will see the views are much higher for HubPages. It's just the performance report front page that looks funny. So there should be no problem from AdSense as a result.

Do you mean... issue with Adsense?

Is it ok to have clicks with no page views or with some high CTR ie., 100+ as we have normal number of Ad request?

How many pageviews and clicks you have now?

Kindly let me know

1. viryabo profile image95

No. It is not possible to have clicks with no page-views. A page is first viewed then the visitor MAY click on an ad. Or not.

;( sad Currently my pageviews are in single digits with some clicks but my ad requests are in normal figures

I am sure user not clicking on ad directly

1. viryabo profile image95

Clicking on ads directly is not always done by the user. Sometimes, it's done by an unknown hater, a friend, family, etc.... without the user's knowledge.

If your page-views are in the single digits, i don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as you don't have excessive clicks for them.

For instance, if you have 7 page-views and 20 clicks on one webpage,or hub, then it is not so good in the eyes of Adsense.

smile . . . If I'm wrong i hope someone comes in to correct me.

sad sad

Anything is there to do from my side to get missing page views correctly

2. Pop Culture World profile image82

Let's say for example you have 2 clicks and no page views from a HubPages site on your report. That apparently is no problem.

You mean for hub in adsense account ..clicks without pageviews is fine? as we have ad request?

am i right?

That is my understanding, yes.

Thanks Alicia,

For me also, ad request stats are normal but adsense view are missing

I have checked in adsense forum, they mention to contact revenue sharing site ie., hubpages

Waiting for team to resolve the issue asap

3. healthbooklet profile image88

Hi Alica,

Anything I need to do? bcz I am not sure....Who will help me on this and to whom I need to contact

Please tell me

8. William15 profile image87
    William15posted 8 years ago

I know this forum thread is inactive, however, I have tried creating a new thread and no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

I am STILL experiencing this. Since January 15, 2015, no page views from hubpages show up in adsense. I am getting plenty of traffic and analytics and hubpages back this up, but nothing is showing up in adsense. I've emailed hubpages and they think it's an adsense issue. I've talked with adsense and they are sure it's a hubpages issue.

Since other people are having an identical problem starting on the same day, I am led to believe it is a HP issue. Has ANYONE found a solution? I want my AdSense earnings back!

healthbookletposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am still facing the issue, no luck sad

0 pageviews with some clicks (single digit) sad for entire month .....

1. William15 profile image87
        William15posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hm..... okay. Thanks for responding. Hubpages seems completely baffled and makes it sound like it is an isolated incident completely on my end. If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

9. healthbooklet profile image88
    healthbookletposted 8 years ago

Is this issue resolved to anyone?

Still I am facing it sad sad sad

1. William15 profile image87
      William15posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Still no solution. sad

ok sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)