jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

My first hub in over 2 years

1. bat115 profile image69
    bat115posted 4 years ago

I'm just looking for some constructive criticism. Please feel free to tell me how I can improve this (Or any of my other hubs)

http://bat115.hubpages.com/hub/2012-The … haway?done

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can obviously write, but I reckon you need to catch up on how things have changed in the last year or two.

Most especially, I would avoid the list of Amazon ads at the end (Panda risk). Maybe use one or two ads near the movies you mention.

I would check your capitals.

Full width photos, seem a better bet these days.

1. Silva Hayes profile image94
        Silva Hayesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Will, tell me more about the Panda risk.  What does that mean?  Should we limit the number of ads at the end of our hubs?  Thanks so much.

1. Will Apse profile image88
          Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It seems to be better to make ads as relevant as possible and avoid big blocks. Personally, if I very rarely get clicks on Amazon ads on a page, I get rid of them.

According to staff here, big blocks give you no better income than singletons, properly placed, so there is no need to tempt Google into thinking your hub is nothing but a gateway page to Amazon.

1. Silva Hayes profile image94
            Silva Hayesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Will, I understand now.  Appreciate your insight.

2. bat115 profile image69
        bat115posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Will, Thank You for your reply and suggestions.

I was not familiar with this "Panda" thing either. Thanks also for clearing that up!

working