jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Ad sense application rejected but ads are there

1. jing-xy profile image61
    jing-xyposted 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I applied for ad sense and it was rejected because I have only two hubs published. I am confused because even though my application was rejected I can see ads on my hubs. How come? I thought the ads would only appear once the application is approved.

Thanks in advance.

2. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

This happens quite commonly- I recommend waiting until you have about fifteen Hubs published, then trying again. It's best not to keep applying in quick succession- it can reduce your chances of being accepted.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

1. jing-xy profile image61
      jing-xyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thank you Simone. I'll do that smile

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

Right now HP will be earning from your Adsense adverts until such time as you're approved. This is the price you pay for using their platform, but ultimately when you are approved you will earn from your ads 60% of the time. Right now HP are earning from your ads 100% of the time.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can turn ads off entirely on any Hub you like under "Settings" in the HubTool.  So, while you are probably correct, it doesn't have to be the case.

2. jing-xy profile image61
      jing-xyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hmmm I see. Thank you for your response smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
        mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see Paul Deeds (HP staff) has responded to my post above, and what he says makes sense (apart from the bit where he says I am 'probably' correct, as what I said is correct, no 'probably' about it). Not a problem though, to be honest it is not big deal in your early weeks of writing as your hubs are unlikely to be making any money anyway until you have been here 6 months or more.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My intention was just to let him know that he could turn ads off while he was waiting if he liked.    For all practical purposes your answer was right.   When I said probably, I was just trying to avoid going into unnecessary detail.  But for the record, what you said is definitely not correct  because this user was referred HubPages is not getting 100% of the impressions.  In addition, on any Hub visited by someone with a live referral token cookie, we will also do not get 100%.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
            mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Fair enough, I stand corrected and admit I had forgotten to factor in referrals.

working