jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Browser issue affecting YouTube playback

1. chasmac profile image96
    chasmacposted 4 years ago

None of my youtube-hosted videos are playable. Anyone else having a problem? We had a similar problem a couple of months ago which HP fixed soon after. As was the case last time, video hubs are no problem, just the ones on youtube. - and they play fine on youtube, just not on the hub.

2. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Is it every single one of your embedded videos, or just some? In some cases, people disable embedding and in those cases, the videos will not work in the Video Capsule.

Could you share a link to one of your Hubs where videos aren't playing?

3. chasmac profile image96

Sorry Simone - false alarm. It's not you - it's me. It's a browser problem (Chrome). I should have checked for that before posting here. Thanks for your quick response, though. I'm impressed.

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm having the same problem re: Chrome. Did you come up with a fix?

4. chasmac profile image96

Apart from changing browser - no fix yet on Chrome. It's just happened in the last couple of hours, while I was editing a hub containing a youtube-histed video.The video (and others) had been playing before that with no problems. It's strange because Chrome is my default browser and has never caused this problem before with videos.

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How odd! Well, it's good to know it's not us- heheh!! ^_^;;

Things have really been odd lately. Half the sites I access, no problem. Other half, major screaming fiasco. And it all keeps pointing to Google. But now it's getting so bad, I'm thinking my ISP, and the domain-name-translate-from-name-to-digital-IP-address-which-might-happen-to-be-the-google-resource, is to blame.

Getting really frustrated. If whatever doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to break out the barbecue and look for the cat.

5. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I just did an ISP speed test. Is .8 Mbps good or bad? 1 MB per second seems good to me, but I am obsolete as to tech these days. I'm just trying to establish that all these fiascoes are not my ISP or computer.

6. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Bump. Sorry for being impatient. Been dealing with this for awhile...

And again. Is it endemic google-interwebs problems or not?

7. Anonymous00 profile image70
    Anonymous00posted 4 years ago

Nothing here on my end for video issues. Everything is in perfect working order.

I know it is a long shot, but when I upgraded to latest version, there was a fit about memory remapping. Apparently I picked wrong as to option. Tried to recover, options refused. ?

working