jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

AdSense Approved!

1. Faith A Mullen profile image84
    Faith A Mullenposted 4 years ago

I was finally approved for AdSense today. Here are my current stats for other newbies who are wondering when to resubmit their AdSense application:

Number of Hubs: 21 (only 20 fully published, as one is still in pending)
    Length of time on HubPages: 6 weeks
    Number of page views per day: a little over 100

I'm not sure which of these numbers made Google happy, but I thought some of you might be interested. I was rejected twice before finally obtaining approval with these stats.

*Note: I am in the US. These numbers may not apply for hubbers in other countries.

1. Jamie Brock profile image95
      Jamie Brockposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations.. that is awesome smile  Thank you for sharing that information, too... I know a lot of people have asked about that so it's nice to be able to have some sort of idea about it now.  Good luck!

2. sassytuts profile image61
      sassytutsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi great to hear that. Hubpages is a great program. Other sites don't even approve my articles. Here in hubpages I can get paid also. I have only 5 articles now. By the way is it quality or quantity what matters the most
      when getting adsense approved?

Faith A Mullenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Sassytuts. I am not sure what Google actually has set as criteria for approval, but I would assume that both content and quality are important. Here is a post from Google with tips on getting approved: https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/ … swer=75109

2. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Faith A Mullen, thanks so much for sharing your findings- and congrats on being accepted into the AdSense program!  Typically they just look at the number and quality of the Hubs one has (to my knowledge, at least), so those are the most important things for those following in your footsteps to consider. big_smile

Thanks, Simone.

3. Relationshipc profile image89
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

Congrats on getting approved. It feels good to be approved, doesn't it?

It does feel good. I know I still won't be making significant amounts of money for a while, but approval is a nice milestone smile

1. dwachira profile image86
        dwachiraposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Congrats Faith A Mullen! for being AdSense Apprived. You can now start making those $$$ :-)
        I wish you the best.

1. dwachira profile image86
          dwachiraposted 4 years ago in reply to this

*Approved, Sorry.

4. SoundNFury profile image84
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

Congratulations!  You're on your way!  Wishing you further success on HP!

5. Zsuzsi profile image72
    Zsuzsiposted 4 years ago

Congrats and thanks for sharing, this gives hope for the recently joined hubbers like me smile

6. GameApathy profile image79
    GameApathyposted 4 years ago

Congrats! I'll try applying again after a couple of weeks and after a few more hubs.

7. AussieTreeChange profile image71
    AussieTreeChangeposted 4 years ago

Congratulations!  well done!.  I applied after only having 4.  I was not accepted.  You hss inspired me to get cracking and write more hubs!  thank you! smile

Thanks, Aussie! I believe the amount of content you have is important. I tried at around 15 hubs and was still rejected, but 20 got me approved.

8. livewirez profile image69
    livewirezposted 4 years ago

Congratulation! Hopefully when I apply I will be accepted too. I'm new in hubpages and not from US so I guest I need to wait for 6 months.

9. Andy McGuire profile image82
    Andy McGuireposted 4 years ago

This is good to know, though I am having a bit of a hard time attracting enough readers. I'm answering questions and doing forums and sharing on social networks. Oh well, I'll keep writing and hopefully someone will find my stuff funny. smile

I was lucky enough to have been nominated for rising star twice, and hub of the day once, so that really helped to up my readers. It may be the amount of content and length of time present that Google cares about more than views, so it would still be worth applying once you reach 20 hubs. If you are writing quality content I'm sure your number of views will grow as your hubs "mature." Learning about SEO is also helpful!

working