jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Ads appearing even before the Hub is featured

1. aravindb1982 profile image86
    aravindb1982posted 4 years ago

Hi,

I have noticed that whenever a hub of mine goes viral (the recent one being the one at this link:
    http://aravindb1982.hubpages.com/hub/Go … ahasamadhi), within hours ads start appearing. However, the hub is still not a 'featured one'. This is not good. What about the thousands of impressions the ads get while the hub is still being evaluated?

Either the impressions must count (mine did not for yesterday, I had more than 3000 views but have only 600 impressions) or the ads should not come till the hub is featured. Have I got my logic right? Is this not unfair for me?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I believe you will still get paid based on impressions even if the hub is not featured because at the end of the day 'views are views' no matter what the circumstances under which you get them. Even non-featured hubs can be seen online (think backlinks, Facebook shares etc) whether or not Google have crawled them and got any kind of 'no index' message. Likewise your calculation of impressions could be flawed, as bear in mind you will only get 60% of impressions, and that is not based on any one figure, it is a rolling 24 hour period. You never know which times of day HP have split your percentages, so it could be they got their 40% at a busy time of the day, and your 60% was in the quiet time of the day (it is random and varies). It might not always tie in exactly with Analytics either because of the 'rolling' 24 hour period we have here.

aravindb1982posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am sorry I took time to acknowledge. Thank you so much. Your answer is simply awesome and so complete MistyHorizon!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
          mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, and I am very glad to be of help smile

2. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

The impressions count. We'd hate for someone to have a Hub go viral right away and NOT be able to earn from it!

Well spotted. big_smile

aravindb1982posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Though belated, I would like to thank both Simone and Mistyhorizon for the clarification.....

Thank you so much...

working