jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Impressions and Page Views

1. SD Dickens profile image80
    SD Dickensposted 4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone can answer this question.  My page views have been about 500 per day recently but my impressions are only 300 or so.  Why the difference?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You get 60% of the ad impressions. HP gets 40% of the ad impressions. All is well. smile

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
    LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago

paradigmsearch; maybe you can answer this for me. During a certain time today these were my stats:
    Visits: 122
    Unique Visitors: 114
    Pageviews: 209
    Pages / Visit: 1.71
    Avg. Visit Duration: 00:01:40
    Bounce Rate: 76.23%
    % New Visits: 86.89%

However, the counter on the Adsense report were 54 visitors. Does this sound normal to you or does it appear that the stats are off, yet again?

Your post changed, so I had to delete my previous responses.

If I understand things correctly now...

The visitor count (HP) was the last 24 hours.
      The impressions (Adsense) were only since midnight.

smile

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
        LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Both set of stats are from a specific hour today.

Whatever that specific hour was...

The HP visitor stat represents total visitors that dropped by in the 24 proceeding hours.

The Adsense stat represents only those visitors that showed up since the start of today.

Example, say the specific time was 1:00 PM.

The HP visitor stat represents total visitors that dropped by since 1:00 PM yesterday, for a total of 24 hours of data.

The Adsense stat represents only those visitors that showed up since midnight, for a total of 13 hours data.

3. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Bumped, since I modified my post, too. big_smile

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

As I understand it the views for HP are a rolling 24 hours, so basically whenever you look at your views it applies for the immediate 24 hours since the most recent update (usually about an hour max). This is why when there is a problem with stats 'freezing', the views appear to drop every hour, as basically there are no new views being added to them, but the old views (24 hours earlier) are dropping off the total figures.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is correct.  You can add that google is NOT a rolling system; it resets each night a midnight PST.

Unless you read both HP and google at midnight PST, then, it makes comparisons very difficult.

working